Job description / Role
The IT Senior Architect - .NET is responsible to ensure structural integrity and scalability of all .NET based applications, mainly the flydubai website and booking engine. These applications could be developed inhouse, or by our development partners. The resource will also be responsible for technical production support and troubleshooting of production issues at a technical level.
• Guide development partners in design phase of system building, ensuring the application build is highly performing and scalable
• Ensure adherence to design patterns and best practices for inhouse development as well as work done by development partners
• Manage a team of four to six Web developers, and guide them in inhouse application development
• Develop frameworks for internal use, including Enterprise wide use of webservices and reusable components
• Ensure adequate tools and practices are established to support high availability of production systems
• Ensure there is proper documentation and inhouse knowledge of the website functionality and business flows, which aid in troubleshooting of technical production issues
• Manage application/software upgrades/downtimes
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• BE/ BTech/ MCA
• 10 to 12 years of experience in designing and developing .NET based systems
• 6 to 8 years of experience in working on airline Booking Engines
Knowledge / Skills
• Skilled in .NET Technologies
• Skilled in design reviews
• Ability to guide a team of designers/developers in supporting and maintaining the airline website/booking engine
• Ability to convert requirements into application design using design frameworks and best practices
• Ability to work with vendors, perform design reviews and ensure applications developed are best of breed
• Experience in troubleshooting production issues including Payment Related Issues, Reservation Related Issues
• Experience in design/ development of highly performing web sites
• Ability to lead the design team composed of other designers and developers and churn out high quality applications using latest technologies
• Ability in understanding standard functionality and technical structure of airline websites/booking engines
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai's agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai's economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai's vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.