Job description / Role
Robert Half are currently seeking a talented IT Officer to join a centre of excellence team based in Dubai. My client is at the forefront of using the latest technologies to enhance their customer experience.
* Responsible for supervising the operation of Computer applications, hardware systems, network and related infrastructure and ensuring all of them are functional and secure. Set controls on computers and devices to run jobs. Effective monitoring of Production environments of IT applications and infrastructure on a 24 x 7 Operations with Disaster Recovery and BCP Planning, which includes IT solutions / Services hosted outside FZ.
* Supervise day-to-day operations of Data Centre and coordination.
* Monitor systems availability and corresponding support processes based on the agreed processes.
* Monitors the availability of 24/7 availability of Corporate Network infrastructure and the Data Centres to ensure the availability of all servers and services required by the client which includes IT solutions / Services hosted outside FZ.
* Carries out Disaster Recovery drills as per agreed plan and provide status update to relevant stakeholders.
* Carries out scheduled backups, batch jobs as per the schedule and ensure that they are successful.
* Follows IT operations governance process.
* Actively participate with Manager - IT Production Services in the IT planning and supporting organic growth.
* Executes tasks and ensures that services provided perform to agreed-upon SLAs. 9. Assist in resolution of issues and problems within an ITIL framework, and manage escalations and issues as required.
* Prepares operational performance metrics and status across the IT infrastructure, applications and networks for Manager - IT Production Services.
* Work with between internal teams, outsourcing & hosting partners and other stakeholders to ensure incidents are resolved in a timely manner.
* Should actively participate to optimize performance and continuously work towards improving productivity.
* Ensure that all changes in IT Production environments (Data Centre and network) are carried out based on the processes laid out by Manager - IT Production Services. 14. Coordinate with all impacted parties to ensure all IT releases and deployments across all business units or IT business partners to ensure the awareness on schedule and status on the progress.
* Develop and maintain Operations manual, so that every processes and procedures are documented.
* These are just some of the requirements that will enable you to effectively monitor the 24/7 data centre operations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
* A university degree in business or technology. BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business.
* 6+ years' total experience, including 3+ years in a production 24/7 high-availability multi-site enterprise of mission critical systems, ERP and CRM environments, including application hosting, voice and data networks, security and information protection and 2+ years' experience with high availability networks and replicated disaster recovery architectures.
* Experience in the travel or airline industry would be extremely beneficial
* Extensive years of relevant technical and business experience, including in-depth knowledge of one or more IT processes, services, environments.
* Extensive years of experience on Travel Reservation System or similar critical systems.
* Extensive years' experience analysing and identifying enterprise applications mainframe systems and distributed systems' environment issues and risks in performance, availability and capacity.
* Experienced in maintaining compliant operations and ensuring successful internal, external and FDA/EMA audits.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.