Job description / Role
An exciting opportunity has come up for a well experienced IT Service Delivery Manager – Emirati national to be based in Abu Dhabi. Reporting directly to the IT Director, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of assigned personnel in Service Delivery.
• Manages the function and exercises financial authority at the level established by management for the position.
• Manages the delivery and completion of IT projects as per international best practice by monitoring project milestones, expenditures, and overall budget.
• Escalates major issues to IT Management and ITPC.
• Understands business needs and ensure the delivery and implementation of best-in-class IT solutions as per stated goals and timelines.
• Manages the preparation and review of internal Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements.
• Manages the execution of the enterprise IT governance strategy by implementing and maintaining effective IT governance standards based on a continual improvement life cycle.
• Ensures the availability of IT services, coordinating the documentation of incidents and escalating as necessary to meet the Business Continuity Mandate.
• Provides support to Business Assurance related to planning, facilitation, reviewing and remediation efforts. Also maintains a complete and up-to-date repository of audit findings and remediation plans for better use.
• Oversees the Change Management Framework to make sure changes are adequate, planned properly and in a timely fashion to ensure continuity of IT services.
• Manages the IT Risk Framework and ensures risks are managed effectively and efficiently.
• Provides pro-active support to the business departments on the delivery of agreed SLA’s and services to ensure that SLA’s are met and users are satisfied.
• Manages the preparation and monitors the IT Projects and IT Combined budgets.
• Liaises with Section Heads and ensures that the IT Strategy document is up-to-date and aligned with the business goals and objectives
• Coordinates the development and review of processes in co-operation with all relevant Section Heads to provide reliable and consistent service delivery.
• Defines the goals and objectives of IT Service Delivery staff and the Service Delivery Section as a whole and conducts periodic reviews of progress against the agreed objectives.
• Keeps him/herself up-to-date of latest IT trends in order to bring value to the business.
• Responsible for the professional development of key talent in the team.
• Carries out other similar or related duties as assigned by line manager
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• 10 years + experience in a similar role with a tier 1 organization
• Solid working knowledge in the following IT related areas: Projects, Change Management, Contracts, Service Level Agreements, Risk, and Governance.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in managing large-scale, complex IT projects
• B.Sc. in Information Technology or equivalent is required
• MBA degree would be an advantage but is not a prerequisite.
• ITIL IT Service Management (ITSM) Certification is required
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is desirable.
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.