Job description / Role
We are currently seeking an experienced IT Support Engineer which is an internal role within Manpower Middle East. The focus will be on installing, maintaining and supporting computer communication networks as well as IT infrastructure, applying market practices and IT policies of the Company. The role will ensure that communication networks and systems run smoothly in order to provide maximum performance and availability for employees, associates and external clients. This role requires exceptional IT technical, customer service and analytical skills and is important support to the business.
• Answer all support calls/emails and record them for reporting purposes.
• Administers and maintains internal systems programs in coordination with external providers
• Interacts with internal clients to resolve basic and complex help desk issues in a timely manner.
• Administer and maintain the telephone system, including telephone switches.
• Install new hire phone and configure voicemail; and update information as needed.
• Install, support and maintain server hardware and software infrastructure. Perform routine maintenance of server hardware and OS.
• Administer firewalls and manage IPSec VPNs.
• Manage email, anti-spam and virus protection.
• Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords on all systems.
• Monitor network and web usage of employees.
• Manage Company website and performance maintenance and update on a timely manner.
• Perform basic and more complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery.
• Administer and ensure complete backup of company data on NAS Drives and Backup tapes.
• Undertake routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security.
• Suggest and provide IT solutions to business and management problems.
• Provide training and technical support to users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence, when and if necessary.
• Work closely with other departments/organizations and collaborate with the Regional IT Office.
• Assist Regional IT Office in the implementation of any IT developments and undertaking project work for the Company, when and if needed.
• Implementation of IT operations, computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications and data processing.
• Providing advice to managers/team members and board members on IT issues and planning.
• Controlling the security aspects of IT systems.
• Analysing the information needs of an organisation and developing technological solutions to satisfy those needs.
• Providing day-today system support to clients and users via such advisory services as help desks.
• Assist on planning and implementation of new or modified systems within the organisation’s overall IT framework.
• Provide support to the IS Manager and fulfil all tasks assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years overall IT administration experience
• Hands on experience in managing and troubleshooting servers, desktops, laptops and printers.
• Experience in managing Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 servers.
• Solid understanding of networking concepts - LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, IP addresses & subnets, DNS, UDP, FTP.
• Hands-on experience in the administration of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Files Services, Print Services, DFS, WSUS and Group Policy.
• Experience in Networking and managing network appliances such as switches, routers, servers, cables and racks.
• Experience in installing and managing Virtualization platforms: Hyper-V, VMware
• Experience in managing Wireless routers and access points, Guest Wifi management.
• Knowledge in managing backup applications: Quest Rapid Recovery/Backup Exec/Arcserve.
• Hands on Firewall Administration experience (preferably Fortinet), managing IPSec VPNs.
• Office 365 administration – Outlook, SharePoint, Teams
• Good knowledge of Cybersecurity concepts and hands-on experience in deployment and management of anti-virus and network security applications.
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions