Job description / Role
What you will do
The IT Support Specialist for UAE is a key role to supporting the Regional IT manager to provide IT infrastructure and end user support across different Business Units in country. You will be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE and act as IT support specialist to JCI Offices in Abu Dhabi and will also be providing remote support to other offices in Middle East and Africa. You will provide expertise for the full scope of the IT Support function including installation and configuring computer systems, diagnose Hardware/Software issues, provide technical support either over the phone or face-to-face as per the set SLA'S for smooth operations of IT services across the region. As a member of the regional IT Support team, you will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform for you to be the part of successful team providing day to day IT support on site and remotely across the region.
How you will do it
* As an IT Support Specialist, you will be using your expertise to provide on-site and remote diagnosis and resolutions for the day to day issues raised via service desk tools (ITSM / Service Now), recommend corrective solution and provide off-site repairs for remote users. Deploy, replace or maintain HP/Dell computers.
* Liaise with third party support and vendors and escalate if any service issues. Provide data and telephony moves, adds and changes request that are submitted via call management systems.
* You will also be supporting the team in maintaining the inventory of all PC's and associated peripherals, local servers and network installations to maintain service standards.
* You will be also part of certain add on projects and initiatives at a regional or global level. You will be assisting the manager in developing the long-term strategies for meeting future desktop hardware needs, provide suggestions to improve technical and procedural requirements for maintaining the PC environment.
* You are an assertive communicator, Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and have positive attitude which will help to setup the best IT service across the region.
What we look for
* Bachelor's Degree in IT or Diploma Holder in IT
* Minimum 2 years of experience in IT support role with solid experience in Hardware troubleshooting and Networking
* Certified IT Service Management/ ITIL Foundation Certificate
* Enterprise system experience is must
* Strong Customer Service orientation
* Analytical and problem solver with keen attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Fluent language skills in English
* Ability to travel
* Valid Driving License
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.