Job description / Role
• To lead and manage technology projects and change initiatives, align technology capabilities with technology and business strategies and needs while effectively allocating resources to support business with the implementation, management and maintenance of the assigned portfolio of banking applications.
• System Management: Manage a portfolio of banking applications along with managing key support processes like problem management and incident management and ensure effective performance monitoring metrics, dashboards and service levels are in place and utilized.
• Undertake complex technical evaluations of existing infrastructure and ensure priorities are assessed and defined in order to determine upgrade capacity plans and needs that will enhance system performance and put forward comprehensive recommendations.
• Lead capacity planning for new and existing systems and in the resulting technology change that may impact future development in technology services and systems within the bank.
• Lead development and implementations of processes for ensuring that overall architecture and systems integration of the respective systems acquired by the Bank has a commonality and direction which will be sustainable for the foreseeable future in both banking and technology perspectives.
• Project Management and Change Delivery: Manage and ensure delivery of multiple technology projects and change deliverables in a high priority, medium or strategic level for respective functional area within time and budget, developing project approvals, RFPs, technical documents, procedures, transition plans while contributing to development of detailed business cases in line with the required standard.
• Lead the adoption of Project Management framework principles in compliance with ADCB standards while recommending improvements to ensure efficient project delivery.
• Lead the design, development and implementation of technology solutions through business and application architecture principles and maintain efficient and agile technology for the business.
• Evaluate technology capabilities, system architecture and solution fitment of system design, development, integration and implementation in order to ensure that the developed solutions / systems meet bank’s expansion and technology services requirements.
• Business Alignment: Co-ordinate with business stakeholders to understand the business unit’s technology requirements and assist them in translating these requirements into IT project deliverables.
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of IT systems, processes, and practices taking into account international best practice, improvement of business processes, cost reduction, and productivity improvement.
• Manage business technology initiatives and ensure that technology provisions are alighted with business priorities and requirements.
• Budget Management: Contribute to the preparation of the business area’s budget and manage and monitor the financial performance against the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
• People Management: Manage self and team in line with ADCB’s people management policies, procedures, processes and practices to ensure adherence and to maximize own and employee contribution to business performance.
• Manage the effective achievement of the team’s objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing the team and providing formal and informal feedback to maximize overall performance, engagement and motivation.
• Policies, Processes, Systems and Procedures: Recommend and implement improvements to departmental policies, procedures and processes covering all areas of activity so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled while ensuring that ADCB delivers best-in-class services, products and innovation.
• Vendor Management: Manages systems vendors and their onsite resources through the required stages of systems implementation and post implementation and develop or modify service level agreements as required to meet ADCB needs for sustainable service support, evaluate effectiveness and adequacy of support and take corrective measures.
• Continues Improvement: Identify opportunities to contribute to organizational and departmental change initiatives, programs and projects taking into account best practice and standards in the business environment.
• Customer Service: Demonstrate Our Promise and apply the ADCB Service Standards to deliver the bank’s required levels of service in all internal and external customer interactions.
• At least 12 years of experience in technology services with a banking industry background, with at least 3 - 5 years in a managerial capacity for management of financial applications/technical systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science or equivalent.
• PMP/Prince 2 certification or equivalent.
• ITIL certification or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Capacity planning
• Negotiating and mediating
• Portfolio and project management
• Data management
• Emerging technologies
• Enterprise architecture
• Information management
• Information security
• Information technology policy and planning
• Information technology service operations
• Software engineering and development
• Systems analysis and design
• Mobility and internet banking technologies
• System monitoring and capacity planning
• In-depth banking functionality and operations knowledge in at least 3-5 of the following:
- Core banking, lending deposits, customer relationships and accounts, workflows and business processes, customer channels, payments and collection, cash management, cards and loyalty, middleware technology, business intelligence and analytics, trade finance, treasury systems, compliance and risk systems, ATM/Pos acquiring, telephony and voice systems.
Managed implementation and delivery of at least 3 - 4 systems listed below:
• Corporate Credit Facility Approval System, Preferably AXE Finance
• SAS IFRS9 Solution
• Moody’s Basel II / Basel III, LCR & NSFR calculation
• Moody’s Asset & Liability Management System
• SAS Anti Money Laundering & Fraud Management System
• VAT Solution as per FTA guidelines of UAE Govt.
About the Company
Founded in 1985, ADCB employs more than 4,000 staff from 62 nationalities, serving over 600,000 retail customers, and approximately 50,000 corporate and SME clients. The bank operates in 48 branches, 4 pay offices, 2 branches in India, 1 branch in Jersey and a representative office in London. By the end of March 2015, the total assets of ADCB amounted to AED 207 billion.
ADCB is a full-service commercial bank that offers a wide range of products and services including retail banking, wealth management, private banking, corporate banking, commercial banking, cash management, investment banking, corporate finance, foreign exchange, interest rate, currency derivatives, Islamic products, project finance and property management services.
ADCB is 58.08% owned by Abu Dhabi Investment Council, the investment arm of the Government of Abu Dhabi. The banks shares are traded on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange. By the end of March 2015, excluding treasury shares, ADCBs market capitalization was AED 34 bn .