Job description / Role
Our client, a prominent UAE government organisation are currently looking to recruit an IT Technology Operations associate to join their organisation.
As a member of the team responsible for production technology operations, Technology Operations performs a critical function for the orgnisations IT Department as the primary operator of the technology plant and production environment custodian.
Technology Operations is core to the delivery, maintenance and support of the production technology environment. The team is responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of technology services to end-users. This entails day-to-day operational duties as well as strategic gate-keeping and custodial accountabilities.
Technology Operations is required to provide first responder support for end-users and is the primary first responder out-of-hours for front office and other key business functions.
Approximately 100k USD p/a + additional benefits and relocation assistance.
USD 10,000 to 11,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: + Additional Benefits + Relocation assistance (if needed)
• Bachelor’s Degree is required
• 3+ years’ experience in a similar role ideally in a technology operations environment.
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal. Able to clearly articulate technical issues and activities to both technical and non-technical staff.
• Detail-oriented with a proactive approach to solving problems.
• Ability to multi-task, with strong ownership and demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency.
• Flexible approach to working hours as shifts are employed to provide 24x7 coverage.
• Strong working experience with job scheduling applications.
• Experience with middleware applications.
• Knowledge of Linux, Windows Server and VMware operating systems.
• Broad knowledge of hardware, networking and software fundamentals with solid troubleshooting skills.
• Experience in monitoring the production environment across multiple technology disciplines: applications, O/S, networking, storage, databases, etc.
• Initiative and desire to maintain exposure across multiple technology disciplines.
• Strong team skills whilst being able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Strong production ethic and customer orientation.
• Industry certification such as ITIL is an asset.
About the Company
Allegis Group retired the "Talent2" name and re-branded its specialist recruitment professionals brand to Aston Carter.
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment services to companies requiring highly specialised business professionals. We have an unrivalled commitment to delivering first class service to our clients and candidates across professional disciplines, including Information Technology, Finance, Sales, Risk, Credit, Compliance, Operations, Marketing, Audit, HR and Engineering. Although we are retiring theTalent2 brand, our continued alignment with your company's business objectives will remain unchanged. As part of Aston Carter, our global presence gives us access to additional high-level talent, solutions and industry trends to better grow with our customers.
With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider and the world's largest privately owned recruitment firm.
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Al Baddad Capital
IT Support Engineer
1st Line IT Support Engineer