Job description / Role
The ITSM/ITOM System Administrator is responsible for the development and sustained support of the IT Service Management system providing creative solutions to resolve business problems via customer requirements based on system capability and process gaps (ITSM/ITIL).
The System Administrator will provide on-going technical assistance, handling incident tickets on a priority basis, software configuration / customization assistance including, but not limited to:
screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, LDAP integration, custom scripting and third-party software integrations. This includes working with process owners to develop and implement the workflows.
The preferred ITSM/ITOM platform is Micro Focus SMAX / SM.
What you’ll do:
Lead all technical aspects of solution delivery including:
• Application UI Configuration, Workflow Configuration.
• Development of required specific reporting.
• Development of requirement integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc).
• Drive the continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on client experiences.
• Driving process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/to-be processes during workshops with key sponsors and stakeholders
• Developing required documentation such as workshop agenda, presentations, gap analysis reports, process flow diagrams, roles/responsibilities
• Identifying areas of process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommending solutions that detail pros, cons and risks
• Promoting continuous process improvement practices through process metrics/KPIs, dashboards and role accountabilities
• Managing and communicating ITSM process and business requirements to the implementation team.
• Providing training and mentoring to on the system to FEDNet agents.
• Routine system administration including manage user accounts, manage support group changes (additions, changes, adding/removing members), provide users with access/roles within the system,
• Add new, improve overall navigation of system that launch reports, lists of data, or dashboards
• Fix defects when they arise
• Monitor overall system performance using system performance and diagnostic tools and dashboards
• Integrate IT Service Management System with other systems (for the potential discovery of assets, user access via LDAP, auto-creation of Incidents via Event Management Systems, etc.). Monitor and maintain integrations after implementation
• Open Incident and Change Requests (e.g. submit bug/fix Incidents; submit instance clone/upgrade requests).
• Answer "how to" technical and application configuration questions of other members of the technical team and process owners
• Facilitate roll out of new applications and modules
• Assist in troubleshooting patch / release management issues
What you’ve done:
• Proven experience as a key technical resource leading the implementation, integration and configuration of ITSM/ITOM Platform solutions (preferred HPSM or MF SMAX)
• Strong understanding and experience (2+ years) with leading ITSM/ITOM platform (preferred HPSM or MF SMAX)
• Strong understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the ITIL best practices framework
• Led ITIL and ITSM process development including extensive experience with Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management
• Understanding of governance and management of Enterprise IT
• Technical background: Operations / Infrastructure / Application Support or Application Development
• Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL and other such technologies.
• Proven experience in defining and deploying 'to be' best practice ITSM processes and in identifying solutions from a people, process and technology perspective
• The ability to take complex end-user requirements to system requirements
• Working knowledge of relational databases
• Solid experience in requirements gathering, including experience in creating process documentation
• Must be able to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and teams
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills (proficiency in Visio, Word and PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems
• Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity.
• Experience in a 24x7 operating environment
• Understanding of IT related risk including identification of opportunities
And if you’ve got some of this, even better:
• Exposure to knowledge management
• Certification in ITIL processes
What you need to enjoy and be good at for this role:
• Ability to work effectively with customers and providers to deliver technical solutions
• Work to standards of excellence and promote a high-performance team culture
• Excellent planning and time-management expertise
• Strong IT risk management skills including opportunity and mitigation identification
• Good interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to meet deadlines
• Effectively multi-task and work in fast pace environment
• Proactive, positive, innovative and delivery focused
• Professional and committed approach
• Teamwork - flexible team player
• Initiative and ability to work autonomously
• Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions