Java Application Support
Job description / Role
You will be responsible for Level 2 production support to handle the tickets raised by the L1 team. You should be good in analysis of the existing design and code for issue resolution and bug fixing. You will play an important role and guide the team in implementation of automation in ticket resolution and also for repetitive routine tasks. You will need to have capability to coordinate the bug fixing effort with the L3 team. You will be ensuring the best possible performance and responsiveness of the applications and identify bottlenecks & bugs. You will be adhering to various SLA management processes and tools.
Key Result Areas:
- Communications skills and clearness in your reporting and communication.
- Knowledge in the Java programming languages you use.
- Knowledge in the Spring Framework and libraries you use.
- Knowledge in the tool-sets you use.
- Analytical thinking and experience (practical when you design the architecture of the “thing” prior to coding it).
- Technological understanding (ability to see your new “thing” in a wider perspective, for example how a small library fits into a large project or product).
- Creativity (finding better ways to achieve your project goals).
- Coding (testable code, clean reusable code, maintainable code, readable code, bug-free code, beautiful code).
- Correctness(few bugs, few iterations with refactoring).
- Application performance (the application does what it’s supposed to do without wasting CPU, memory or other resources).
- Learning (your ability to learn about and use new technologies, protocols, libraries, or even languages as needed).
- Durability (to stay on track no matter what, even when you feel dead bored, or in way over your head).
- Adherence to Effort and Schedule
- Team Mentoring - Mentoring of the team members on technical and other aspects
- Automation - Implement automation possibilities to reduce effort and increase reuse.
- Excellent customer communication skills
- Strong Experience in Core Java, Spring, Maven,
- Experience in developing and using REST APIs on Spring-MVC, Play Framework is critical.
- Two year of working experience in any one DB of Neo4j, Cassandra, ElasticSearch is preferable
- Exposure to Samza & Kafka is added advantage
- Knowledge of Azure is added advantage
- Comfortable with source code repository Github. (Must have)
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.