Job description / Role
Al Ghurair Properties is looking to hire Jet A1 Trader for it's Energy sector who will be responsible for developing profitable commercial opportunities within the Trading team. This requires developing strong relationships with producers, refiners, and transporters within the region of coverage; the ability to identify profitable opportunities in a competitive environment; the ability to develop a strong understanding of area-wide logistics; and identifying and managing the associated trading risks that these opportunities create.
• Purchasing and Selling Jet A1 for our clients system
• Purchasing and selling Jet A1 on a "trading" basis
• Monitoring price arbitrage opportunities for Jet A1 and its components and trading to capture opportunities
• Developing and managing Jet A1 storage positions utilizing storage locations
• Utilizing the futures and derivative markets for inventory hedging and speculative trading
• Evaluating markets and market trends and communicating with other Supply & Trading offices
• Ensuring all trading activities are conducted within appropriate delegations of authority and conform to Risk Manual Guidelines
• Negotiating term and spot contracts for sales and purchases. Ensuring each contract is performed in accordance with agreed terms
• Keeping fully informed of market conditions in order to formulate an optimal refinery plan and identifying market opportunities
• Remain current on the legal and economic issues affecting the trading industry.
• Conduct day-to-day activities of crude oil trading: include: track and monitor world market movements; accountable for making instant decision on selling and buying for meeting profitability and optimization targets; Source, develop and manage domestic and international supplier relationships to ensure uninterrupted oil supply.
• Identifying and executing trades on a “for profit basis” and utilizing the appropriate paper markets to hedge and optimize positions
• Contribute to development of business contracts, including evaluation and development of new opportunities and shorts.
• 5 or more years of experience in petroleum products trading, preferably Jet A1 trading
• Degree level (or equivalent) Chemical Engineering or economic/business qualification
• The willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position. A flexible approach to working hours is vital to accommodate the significant variation in workloads associated with a busy trading operation
• Strong knowledge of Arbitrage Play
• Strong knowledge of managing storage facilities
• Knowledge of refineries production
• Demonstrated exemplary negotiation skills
• Strong knowledge of hedging strategies
• Solid knowledge of Oil & Gas commercial aspects, T&C, Contracts, LC and other Terms/means of payment.
• Should be self-starters with excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic high-pressure team environment.
• An innovative outlook is essential, with a real desire to move the business forward.
• Excellent proven track record and be strongly driven towards future success
• Mainly focusing on physical trading but also knowledgeable in Paper Trading
• Maintain strong relationships with Clients and Suppliers
About the Company
Al Ghurair Properties is a pioneering real estate operation which develops and manages commercial, residential, hospitality and mixed use developments. For three decades, Project Development and Asset Management has been our stock in trade, catering to Dubai communities and business sector.
Al Ghurair Properties
Area Sales Manager
Trade Marketing Executive - FMCG
Sales Executive - Apartments (Residences)