This position is closed or expired.
See other Customer Service jobs
Jewellery Workshop Technician – Gold Smith (AFWJ)
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Watches & Jewellery, part of the Al-Futtaim group is known for its wide variety of international brands to suit every taste and pocket, ensuring convenience to retail shoppers, wholesalers, and corporate clients. Al-Futtaim Watches & Jewellery includes renowned brands names such as Fossil, Esprit, Raymond Weil, Seiko, Kolber, Westar, Alba, Delma. Outlets are spread across the prime shopping malls, and numerous Duty Free channels in the GCC and the Sub-Continent.
The range of jewellery products includes a wide variety of pearls under the Minato brand name, plus precious stones set in 18 carat gold and certified loose diamonds from Europe.
1. Product Services
• Re-sizing - enlarges or reduces size of rings by sawing through band, adding or removing metal, and soldering ends together.
• Repairs - broken clasps, pins, rings, and other jewelry by soldering or replacing broken parts.
• Polishing/Rhodium plating
• Stone setting for small pointers (0.01 to 0.25cts)
• Pearl stringing and fixing
• Customized jewelry making of customers new order
• Identify gold weight, stones carat weight and quality for use in making specific Job Order to be indicated in the Job Card.
2. Manufacturing of In-house products (Diamond Jwl & Pearl Jwl)
• To produce basic/standard jwl for both diamond and pearl i.e. mini solitaire mounts (ring, earring and pendant), plain gold wedding bands, pearl ear studs, pendants, rings and strand necklaces. within the specified time schedule
• Model making (Wax model) - forms model of article from wax or metal, using carving tools
• Re-designing - reshapes and restyles old jewelry, following designs or instructions from the Jwl Brand Manager's and Supervisor.
3. Stock Control
• Monitor and control the stocks issued by the Workshop Supervisor according to the Job Card.
• Ensure that wastage/loss is minimal and all the waste generated (gold dusts) in the process of manufacturing is recycled and to prevent loss through wastage.
• Handover all wastages to WS Supervisor at the end of every Job done.
4. Maintenance of machineries and equipment
• Responsible for all the tools and equipments being used in the workshop for the purpose of production and recommend for further ordering if required
• Responsible for the cleanliness of Workstation
• Ability to repair, resizing, polishing, redesigning of Jewellery - Diamond and pearl
• Good spoken and written English
• Familiarity with computer use
• High concentration on job
• Comfort with physical work
• Flexibility and punctuality
• A minimum 5 years of experience in Jewellery industry
About the Company
Established in the 1930\\'s, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940\\'s and 50\\'s saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.