Job description / Role
Jr. Legal Counsel with TMT experienced required by our client which is a leading Technology Group.
- You will come from either a strong TMT law background preferably an IT vendor, telco operator, systems integrator and/or have had a strong background from a leading reputable law firm.
- Any industry regulatory experience would also be beneficial.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include
- Ensure that all the business units within the organisation are operating in compliance with applicable laws, guidelines and regulations. Represent the organization in the resolution of legal issues that impact companies’ legal situation.
- Monitor progress of all projects in within job responsibilities through project status meetings, project tracking reports, measurement and analysis meetings, ad-hoc meetings with project teams, etc.
- Researches and interprets regulatory, contractual, and policies related to the provision of the sectors services.
- Serves as the Liaison between Legal Affairs and Corporate Compliance, and coordinates and collaborates closely with Legal Affairs as their counsel may be needed and/or required.
- Contribute to the development and execution of Group’s objectives and ensure alignment with strategy of the Group and business units.
- Provide inputs towards the development of relevant policies and procedures and ensure that they are properly implemented. Ensure that amendments are properly incorporated and are clearly communicated to the relevant departments (in particular Quality Assurance and Internal Audit)Ensure compliance with all legal, contractual, audits, regulatory, risk management and safety requirements and procedures, especially in respect of IP confidentiality and related risks.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong Legal Counsel experience gained as either a Lawyer or in-house Legal Counsel.
- Must have strong experience in gained from either a Major ICT vendor or telecommunications company or from a reputable international law firm (as a qualified lawyer)
- Must have experience of regulatory authorities either regionally or internationally.
- Possesses 1-3 years of Legal TMT experience
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and be self-motivated to work both independently and as an integral part of the team.
- International experience would be beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Must be a Fluent in Arabic - writing /drafting in Arabic will be an essential part of this role
About the Company
HR Source Consulting is a premier Human Resources Consultancy that provide clients across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) with expert human resources planning and solutions. By inference, we have the expertise to attract high calibre candidates that fill specialist roles in the key industry sectors with focus in:
- IT (Information Technology)
- Media & Communications
- FMCG and many others
We deliver to a multitude of client organisations across the MENA region from leading multi-nationals (MNC's) to SMEs and boutique businesses. We are your "Regional HR partner with Global Reach".
We adopt tailor made services and solutions to ensure that our clients need is fully met .
We provide a multi-step consultancy approach to sourcing the ideal candidate, to ensure that your requirement is fully fulfilled and delivered to. Furthermore we offer tailor made HR Services and Solutions in the additional following areas:
- Permanent Recruitment Solutions
- Interim & Contract Recruitment Solutions
- Managed Services
- Salary Surveys
- Outplacement Services
- Relocation and Company setup advice
In short, HR Source Consulting is dedicated to delivering human resources solutions at every level (from Junior, Mid to Senior and C-Level Executives). This includes successful placements for every type and size of client organisation by sourcing candidates at all levels of seniority. We like to go the extra mile and serve our clients every need of HR and provide additional solutions and services from salary surveys, market intelligence, outplacements services and relocation and company set up advice.