Job description / Role
This position covers a broad range of responsibilities, necessary at this stage in the Company’s development. Responsibilities will become more focused in future as additional resource becomes available. The initial responsibilities for this position are described below:
• Development of internal and external software
• Add / edit new modules and features as per requirement
• Work in a team of application developers to implement internal and customer projects
• Planning and organizing for a specific development project
• Ability to translate user/functional requirements into a design using our standard framework
• Walk-through of design and documentation
• Develop according to design
• Unit test
• Documentation of development according to requirement and design documentation
• Preliminary testing
• Execute the tests according to the test plans and record the results
• Track the issue until resolution
• Provide support in accordance with our support level agreements
• Provide 24/7 support according to the support roster
• Design, develop and test software with security in mind as per the Secure System Engineering Policy.
• Communicate and work effectively within Workz values, policies, and strategies.
• Any other duties which from time to time may be required from within this role.
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience
• Graduate in Computer Science
Knowledge & Skills:
• Advanced SQL (SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL)
• .Net (C#) – Windows Forms and Web Development
• MVC framework
• OOAD & OOP
• Back-end web development using ASP.Net
• Knowledge of framework like Python-Flask, Node.js, React etc. will be an added advantage
• Docker and Docker Swarm or Kubernetes experience an added advantage
• DevOps and CI/CD tools experience an added advantage
About the Company
Workz: secure mobile solutions
Based in Dubai, Workz is a leading mobile services provider and serialization software specialist delivering smart solutions and secure data management. From eSIM, OTA remote provisioning, operating systems, managed chip security and VAS solutions, we are the end-to-end, secure and proven provider that can make the difference. Workz possesses its own hi-tech manufacturing facilities for SIM cards, scratch cards, and packaging as well as a high-capacity fulfilment centre and a FIATA-licensed logistics service.
Since its start in 1997, it has forged strong partnerships with over 60 leading regional telecom operators and global wireless device manufacturers becoming the region’s largest mobile solutions specialist delivering over 1.5 billion products each year across the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe. In 2016, the Nilson Report recognised Workz as the largest scratch card manufacturer in the world.
Web Developer / Web Master
Full Stack Developer
Front End Developer
IT Architect - New Graduate Program
IBM Middle East
Software Developer (POS)
RTC-1 Employment Services