Job description / Role
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 10 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room and others . Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
• Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
• Conduct daily shift briefings to kitchen Colleagues in absence of the Sous Chef
• Ensure all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
• Liaise with the Outlet Chef to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
• Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
• Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
• Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience in the Culinary field required
• Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
• Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.