Job description / Role
• Post and process journal entries to ensure all necessary transactions are recorded
• Maintaining an orderly filing system
• Maintaining accounts receivable, documenting related supporting documentation.
• Maintaining accounts payable, documenting related supporting documentation.
• Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
• Assist with dealing with banks, reconciliation of bank accounts and ledgers.
• Maintain confidentiality of all financial data
• Assists senior accountants with all financial operations.
• Associate degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, or similar field (A Bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree)
• Minimum 2 years accounting-related experience with accounting software (Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, QuickBooks)
• Proficient to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel
• Experience in accounts receivable and payable posting, and analyses
• Knowledge of billing, collection, and reporting activities
• Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
• Excellent time management and written communication skills
• Excellent understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
• Knowledge of the following sectors: chartering, ship management, bunkering and oil trading is an advantage
About the Company
Dubai based Oil Shipping and Trading Company.