Job description / Role
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
• Supervises products & services to ensure compliance with established quality standards.
• Ensures that all outlet personnel adhere to proper control procedures and comply with hotel rules and regulations.
• Monitors par stocks for each outlet and ensures compliance.
• Enforces compliance with cashiering and check control procedures.
• Supervises control over wastage in outlets- misuse and breakage of china, glassware, linen, and supplies.
• Accomplishes daily outlet logbook and daily checklists.
• Checks outlet service and kitchen areas for hygiene, cleanliness, and standard set up.
• Completes staff attendance for submission to payroll.
• Directly oversees the floor during meal periods monitoring service, guest satisfaction, and adherence to standards.
• Meets and greets guest by name whenever possible.
• Conducts daily briefing prior to each meal period.
• Ensures all staff has accomplished their side duties.
• Checks side stations before and after meal periods.
• Replaces or waives payment of any unsatisfactory food or drink and takes appropriate action to remedy the situation and implements procedures to avoid recurrence.
• Ensures proper manning in the outlet & bar.
• Monitors food and beverage quality and portion control.
• Controls usage of outlets supplies and equipment.
• Coordinates with Chef/Manager on operational needs.
Sales and Merchandising
• Informs staff of menus and prices
• Assists in promotional plan, implementing successful and creative events.
• Implements staff sales incentive programs ensuring staff meet their sales targets.
• Utilizes guest history program. Creates pool of regular guest for outlet.
Human Resources and Training
• Orients, trains, motivates, and supervises outlet employees to ensure: full compliance with Quality Standards, maximization of labor productivity and total guest satisfaction.
• Ensures employee compliance with grooming standard and reports deviance.
• Evaluates performance of staff constantly through personnel tracking sheets, evaluation of performance and administering disciplinary action.
Planning and Organizing
• Monitor all staff schedules to ensure productivity without jeopardizing quality.
• Assists in forecasting volume of business and implementing sound business strategies.
• Develops and utilizes restaurant pick up charts.
• Attends daily briefing, monthly outlet meeting, F&B meeting and other meetings as required.
• Innovates and enforces more efficient procedures in terms of revenue, labor average check, covers maximization and minimization of food and beverage costs.
• Performs all tasks and duties which may be assigned from time to time.
• To ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.
About the Company
A joint venture between Nakheel and Spain's RIU Hotels & Resorts, RIU Dubai located at Deira Islands, is the emirate's first four-star, 24-hour all-inclusive beachfront resort.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Supervisor / Assistant Manager