Job description / Role
The Junior Bid Manager will be responsible for delivering high-quality bids on time and within budget. They will be responsible for managing and overseeing a bid delivery team, managing key internal Serco relationships during the bid and the governance process. They will work on new opportunities across the Serco Middle East business sectors (Integrated Facilities Management, Aviation, Defence and Transport).
- To provide high quality bid management services on individual opportunities across our sectors, to lead on small / medium value and complexity opportunities.
- To support the Senior Bid Manager in large scale and complex opportunities.
- Working with the Business Development team to create, implement and manage a bid project plan and strategy to deliver a winning bid on time and on budget
- To manage and maintain essential bid documentation including; risk / issues / opportunities register, action log, team information, governance information, scoring to win, competitor analysis, clarification question log
- To ensure that appropriate governance is followed, and all relevant approvals are obtained
- Manage communications to and from the customer, internally within Serco and across the bid team
- To galvanise the entire bid team to submit quality bid deliverables on time and on budget, this includes managing deliverables from internal teams (HR, Legal, ICT etc)
- To manage bid collateral and information sharing across the bid team
- Where external contractors are allocated to a bid team, to ensure smooth integration into the bid team and provide ongoing management of the individuals
- Validate the bid budget allocated at qualification. Manage and deliver to budget.
- To support the monitoring and improvement of the quality of bid submissions ensuring high standards of attention to detail
As a Junior Bid Manager, you will have obtained a degree or equivalent professional qualification, or be able to demonstrate strong intellectual capacity, including excellent literacy and numeracy. In addition to this, you are likely to have experience of:
- Supporting bid teams
- Delivering bids on time and within budget
- Programme / Project Management experience
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
Essential Technical and Professional Skills and Knowledge
As a Junior Bid Manager, you will possess the following key skills/competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills;
- Experience of working in teams; specifically demonstrating the ability to rapidly establish a high degree of trust/rapport and gain co-operation from a team;
- Strong attention to detail; maintaining high standards for delivery, quality and accuracy;
- Understand and interpret customer needs to deliver competitive and innovative tenders;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities within own workload;
- Ability to solve problems and complex issues in a timely manner;
- Highly competent in the use of the full range of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio);
- Confident and articulate in all communications i.e. face-to-face, telephone and written communications;
- Confidence to deal with all levels of seniority and the ability to adapt communication and messages to different audiences;
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and having the ability to work to tight deadlines, including some late, unsociable working.
- As a Junior Bid Manager, you must have a minimum of 2 years experience of supporting complex high value bids, or leading low / medium bids preferably in the services or outsourcing sector (or similar).
- Any other role specific leadership attributes
- Good organisation skills, good communication skills
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.