Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years.
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
Junior Buyer - Fashion
We are seeking a Junior Buyer who will be responsible for participating in the selection of merchandise and its assortment. You will also be responsible for the collection and consolidation of both quantitative and qualitative information regarding sales, best selling items, stock coverage, and others.
What you will do:
- You will consolidate pre-buying reports and drive initial revision to ensure the accuracy of data
- You will analyze specific country/shop market data regarding; Sales Turn Over, Best Sellers, Slow Movers, Trends in Country, Shop location & targeted customer, Stock Coverage
- You will build knowledge of given sales target/budget for specific shop/country
- Contribute to building and maintaining an accurate Open to Buy (OTB) template/document
- Consider pre-buying analysis, budgets, fashion trends, culture, and gender prior to buying
- Build exciting presentations of the buying for; Informational purposes for management - regional & country, Training purposes for shops & shop staff
- You will build an exciting presentation of the specific products to ensure the accuracy of Images, Ref, Size break down, Fabrication and Reasoning
- Present key brand recommendations
- Work together with Brand Analysts to monitor the sell-through rate up to budgeted sell through (in terms of value vs seasonal merchandise)
- Build a sound understanding of the product lifecycle
- Build & maintain vendor relationship in a win/win measurement
- Monitor merchandise shipment up to shop reception
- Work together with Brand Analysts to ensure accurate customer profiling.
- Monitor and report on competition
- Conduct market visits on a weekly basis for UAE and on need basis for other markets
- You will generate weekly reports as per brand and business needs
What you need to succeed in this role
We are looking for an experienced Buyer with fashion background! This role requires someone who is having excellent knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry and the markets best practices and trends
More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below....
- Previous experience of working in international companies with diverse audiences in a similar role;
- Previous experience in new brand recruitment.
- Business acumen and negotiation skills
- Ability to plan and strategize
- Ability to set budgets, expectations and deliver results
More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below...
- 0-2 years of experience in the same field or a similar field
- University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or any relevant field
- Advanced in negotiating and collaborating
- Can build training programs.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories, and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes healthcare, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.