Job description / Role
• Handles Plumbing System, Rotating Equipment, Medical Gases, including Civil Works and other mechanical related systems.
• Conducts inspection, snag listing, testing, witness/observe commissioning, and start-up activities on-site, review method statements.
• Formulates SOP’s, Safety Permits, and PTW system in line with the Hospital requirements
• Planning and delegation of work activities such as Planned Preventive Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, Reactive Maintenance (PPM/CM/RM).
• Attending emergency complaints, in coordination with different trades.
• Conducts review and design verification of construction drawings and documents (e.g. Basis of Design, Project Specifications, IFC Drawings, Commissioning Method Statements, Operation & Maintenance Manual, Shop Drawings, Technical Submittals)
• Responsible of water services (potable, hot and cold, fire water), drainage system (storm & sanitary), firefighting system, irrigation system, water features, vacuum and medical gas air supply, boiler and natural gas system, and appurtenances such as pumps and controls, including hydrotherapy pools.
• Ensures work activities such as Planned Preventive Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance, Reactive Maintenance (PPM/CM/RM) and other related tasks carried out and completed on /or before given time frame or as per priority schedule.
• Ensures worksite safety, compliant with all safety requirements as necessary such as confined space entry, working at heights, hot work, and other approved safety practices and procedures. Safety conscious in all work activities and uses compulsory/required protective equipment all the time.
• Makes recommendations and reports with regards to the status and condition of equipment and facilities
• Reports all unsafe practices, unsafe equipment, near hit / near miss incidents, submit recommendations and action taken
• Analyze reports of all breakdowns, accidents, near-miss/near-hit accidents, non-conformances, and other safety hazards
• Ensures that the quarterly, semi-annual, and yearly inspections are carried out within the schedule, ready with all spare parts and consumables needed for the inspection.
• Ensures water quality passed the hospital requirements as per the hospital requirements and/ or regulatory agencies
• Facilitate retail shops fit out contractors all related MEP system requirements
• Coordinates with the equipment suppliers/distributors all the related spare parts and annual maintenance contract quotations
• Suitable degree/certificate
• Proven working experience in civil / mechanical engineering
• Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar
• Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals etc
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• BS/MA in Civil / Mechanical Engineering
• CAFM operator
• BMS skills
• Strong sense of customer focus.
• Prepared to contribute to how the department operates
• Full attested graduation certificates is mandator
About the Company
Ever since its founding, the VAMED group has understood health to be a global, sustainable and holistic asset. VAMED may refer to a record of international success in all healthcare areas - prevention, acute care, rehabilitation, and nursing.
VAMED's international portfolio comprises the entire value chain from project development via the planning and construction of a healthcare facility, to highly specialized commercial, infrastructure, and technical services.
The VAMED range of services is both wide and deep and, together with VAMED's value chain, forms our USP that has made VAMED a leading healthcare provider with a global reach.