Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
Highly organized and production-minded, you will work closely with the Ecom team which will include, Site Merchandisers, Studio team, Digital Marketing and Ecom Trading Manager ensuring that all copy is written in a timely manner.
• Composing English/Arabic product names and descriptions for Tryano.com in a timely manner
• Translating English copy to clear, concise and engaging Arabic copy for the product descriptions on site for Women’s, Men’s and Kids product pages. This copy should be written in a commercially sound manner that reflects current trends while showing a good understanding of the brand.
• Meet daily targets of translating all product descriptions and be measured both on productivity and content accuracy and quality.
• Ensure all product details information is accurate.
• Support the content and digital marketing team with any ad hoc requests.
• Audits – work systematically with the Ecom Site Merchandisers to conduct audits across the site to ensure consistency and accuracy of product names and descriptions.
• Any other related duties as reasonably requested from the Ecom Trading Manager
What you’ll need to succeed
• Passionate about writing and fashion
• Be able to carry out your role to the highest standards under pressure
• Excellent English and Arabic written skills, familiarity with fashion descriptive terms with a flair for short, sharp copy
• Competitive research and wider reading
• Experience with CMS and back-office systems
• Experience in English/Arabic copy writing for a luxury retailer
• Graduate (or equivalent) with proven experience
• Sound knowledge of Women’s, Men’s and Kids luxury fashion designers and trends
• Excellent time management skills
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.