Job description / Role
We are looking for a driven and high-energy Junior CSR Executive to join the Sustainability team of Chalhoub Group. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in Environment or Corporate Sustainability coming from a corporate or consulting background. The person will be responsible for designing and implementing CSR initiatives locally and supporting all CSR relays regionally in successfully implementing their initiatives while ensuring high employee engagement rates and positively impacting the environment.
- Follow all relevant Sustainable Engagement policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Implement activities under minimal supervision
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
- Manage Chalhoub Impact program through:
- Designing and implementing a "communication - giving strategy"
- Giving back to society
- Engaging Chalhoub employees
- Develop new initiatives (with detailed agenda and needed resources) in adherence with the Sustainable Engagement pillars and validate with Head of Sustainable Engagement
- Partner up with educational entities, NGOs, organizations for the design and implementation of common initiatives
- Liaise with other countries (the relays in the other 9 countries) in order to:
- Collect data on their needs and suggestions
- Assist the relays in developing their yearly CSR calendar
- Monitor people participation rates in other countries and report on them
- Recruit Chalhoub Impact ambassadors in the countries
- Organize humanitarian retail campaigns in stores
- Develop yearly CSR calendar in coordination with Head of Sustainable Engagement
- Propose engaging communication content in coordination with internal/external agencies in order to ensure high participation rates
- Coordinate all logistics needed for the successful event implementation while ensuring adherence to allocated budget
- Log all participants and generate statistical outputs on participation rates
- Generate detailed event evaluation reports on events outcome (i.e. number of bags collected, number of trees planted, Chalhoub employees engagement rate, etc.)
- Prepare presentations highlighting the key successes of events
- University Degree in Environmental Science/ Sustainability field or any relevant field
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in Environment or Sustainability
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.