Job description / Role
Junior Finance Assistant MEA - Please apply if you are currently living in the UAE
To support the Finance Senior Assistant in ensuring the RICS MEA accounts operates in an effective manner, to support in maintaining all Sales ledger’s by reconciling accounts and resolving all differences quickly and accurately. To coordinate and support in the completion of VAT returns applicable for the MEA region.
• Responsible for ensuring that financial information is processed in accordance with RICS International procedures and processes.
• The ability to process high volumes of information while also evaluating the data’s relevance for inclusion in costing and other reports.
Update and maintain accounting spread sheets used in finance function e.g. collate and record incoming and outgoing payments
• Assist in timely payment of various vendors and prepare for payment of urgent cheques, bank transfers as and when it is requested.
The post-holder will be expected to carry out a wide range of financial tasks to support the MEA operation.
• Analyse basic financial information e.g. expenses, in response to queries from the MEA SMT and Central Accounts teams
• To input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy e.g. posting payments into GL.
• Completion of VAT returns for submission to external auditors
AED 6500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Medical and annual flight allowence
• To apply basic accounting knowledge and techniques in all areas of work
• proven track record in a financial role .
• Knowledge of Excel, good keyboard skills and use of the Internet.
• Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Business level written and spoken English is essential; additional local language skills are advantageous
• Ability to work a flexible working pattern
• Detail conscious with a high degree of numeracy; able to handle financial information accurately and identify/correct errors as needed
• Able to manage high volume workload
• Willingness to accept responsibility
• Logical and systematic in work processes
About the Company
We are a professional body that accredits professionals within the land, property and construction sectors worldwide.
We regulate and promote the profession; maintain the highest educational and professional standards; protect clients and consumers via a strict code of ethics; and provide impartial advice and guidance.