Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
The job holder of this position is responsible for assisting the Financial team with financial analysis, forecasts, administration of the budgeting process start to finish, creating new financial models and monthly reporting. The job holder will also assist with the delivery of high quality financial analysis and advice to business leadership on a timely and accurate basis.
What you'll do:
- You will be following all relevant Financial policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Implement activities under close supervision
- You will be responsible to escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
- Develop excellent knowledge of the business units' operating environments including market size, industry trends, competitors, brands, margins, retail outlets as well as advertising spend etc.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Business units' management to gather, research, analyze and summarize financial data
- Support Marketing and Sales Teams in preparing P&L projection for promotions and launches, analysis of financial viability of new openings and marketing budget follow-up
- Develop Financial Strategic Planning, Annual Plan, Quarterly Plan updates, Budget, Forecast & reconciliation
- Review purchase cycle and analyze the Cash Flow on weekly basis to provide corrective actions if necessary
- Assist in the preparation of the Monthly Tableau de Bord (TDB), the Budget and the revised Budget TDB from individual company TDBs
- Prepare analysis and recommendations on monthly financial figures from business units compared to budget and last year and issue reports as required by the management
- Assist in monthly financial statements, forecast and annual budget process including profit and loss statements, gross margin analysis, balance sheet and Interest rate parity (IRP) and recommend action
- Analyze variance to budget/forecast and prepare reports explaining budgets deviations
- Run a GAP analysis, provide analysis and recommendations on annual and revised budgets, challenge assumption and process revisions
- Maintain appropriate databases or other analyses to monitor, forecast and report on Headcount within the functional areas
- Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive KPI's model (Financial & Business) in line with Company's objectives and captures all relevant info needed to manage the business
- Prepare operating budgets based on previous figures or estimated revenue and expense reports
- Develop and improve processes related to expenditure, appropriate financial methods to better evaluate and measure performance
- Analyze expense trends and establish expense accruals
- Translate accounting data into meaningful management information
- Assist in development of financial models to analyze sales and other financial data
- Create and distribute various financial reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Assist in the valuing of acquisition opportunities through historical data analysis
- Support month-end close process by preparing recurring and ad hoc reports, researching general ledger activity and variances to budget and prior year
- Provide analytical support to various treasury or cross-function initiatives and ad hoc projects
- Participate in new projects by processing simulations for new joint ventures and preparing business plans, study of the cash flow and P&L
- Prepare and monitor the performance of internal rate of return (IRR) studies for proposed outlets and new products
- Participate on project teams involving reporting or systems changes, and act as tester
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
What we can offer you
- We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.