Job description / Role
Our Junior Graphic Designer is part of our eCommerce team and is responsible for designing art and layouts for our eCommerce website. Our Junior Graphic Designer is also responsible for conceptualizing, creating, studying, and preparing illustrations and photographs to plan presentations.
What you'll do:
- Meet the team to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic
- Design concepts, choose the appropriate media, arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type to meet objectives
- Develop design briefs by gathering information and data through research to clarify design issues
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with the team and making necessary changes
- Review and control final layout and suggest improvements as needed, and present the final layout to the requesting team for approval
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for the website
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer Software
- Develop graphics and layouts for the eCommerce, Emailers, Social Media and mobile applications
- Use a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design
- Keep abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs
- Proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Translate abstract concepts into visual illustrations using translator
- Maintain image resource files
- Currently a Graphic Designer with Digital experience is a must
- Excellent knowledge of After Effects and the entire Adobe Suit
- Be able to read and write Arabic
- You will be hands on and have a great attitude toward team work
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.