Junior Legal Advisor - UAE National
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
Enhance the effectiveness of the Legal Department by assisting Head of Legal Corporate & Transaction Banking and Procurement in all stages of corporate and transaction banking deals as well as draft and/or review of procurement agreements
Under the supervision of Head of Legal or legal advisors:
- Review and provide legal advice on agreements entered into with service providers
- Review and provide legal advice on matters related to corporates (NDA, Capacity & Authority, review and/or of board resolutions, review and/or draft of security documents under UAE Laws
- Review and provide legal advice for lending related to Wholesale Banking Group
- Issuing, reviewing and signing legal documents (Settlements agreements, legal notice, letters ... Etc.)
- Review all contracts or any other documentation and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the business and support functions attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual documents to assist and support various business activities.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions
- Assist in checking external counsels' invoices
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports.
- Conduct legal researches and studies and implications of new laws and regulation on the bank's activities
- Any other responsibilities as advised by the Head of Legal
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Law
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a junior legal advisor, legal assistant or a in a Paralegal role.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; Self-Starter;
- Ability to learn quickly preferred;
- Close attention to detail required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required in Arabic and English;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with diverse groups and individuals preferred;
- High degree of integrity and professionalism required;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain highly confidential information required;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with changing priority.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.