Job description / Role
The Junior Legal Counsel will take on generalist responsibilities including:
• Dealing with general day to day operational legal enquiries from the business units/departments;
• Assisting in reviewing, drafting, advising and negotiating on a diverse range of commercial contracts and legal documents;
• Assisting in drafting and reviewing corporate documents, including board/shareholders meeting minutes/resolutions, POA’s, MOA’s, licenses etc.;
• Undertaking general corporate work (such as registration and liquidation of companies, share transfers, etc.), visiting and following up with various governmental authorities (including the notary public), and maintaining up-to-date corporate documents of the entities he/she oversees;
• Supporting legal counsels in different regions in Dealing with and advising on employment law and regulatory matters;
• Coordinating with external lawyers and oversee and manage court cases (including reviewing memo and maintaining proper updated record of all litigation files);
• Assisting with customer complaints and draft routine letters and correspondences;
• Managing litigation matters including coordination with external lawyers;
• Conducting legal researches and analysis, prepare presentations and consolidated reports for the General Counsel/Regional Legal Counsels, and prepare summaries (including case summaries).
• Dealing with ad hoc legal matters.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law from a reputable university;
• Qualified Lawyer – must be admitted to practice in your home country (law society/Bar admitted);
• Knowledge of the laws that apply to shipping, transportation and/or logistics is a plus but not required;
• 2-3 years PQE;
• Fluency in both English and Arabic (speaking, reading and writing) is critical and candidates that do not meet this criterion will not be considered.
• Fluency in French is desirable;
• Commercial mindset;
• Must be a self-driven, resourceful, results and deadline oriented, and have a high multi-task proficiency;
• Able to work in a fast paced, changing business environment;
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Word and Excel.
About the Company
MENA Recruit is a boutique Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused on meeting recruitment needs from Business Services through to Partner and General Counsel level within the legal sector. This extends to in-house and private practice in multiple industries covering the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Egypt along with a select group of tier one international firms in Australia.
With over 20 years’ recruitment experience in London and Dubai, we have developed strong international ties in the UK, USA and APAC and have an extensive local Middle East network to draw from. We are committed to providing a bespoke service to clients and candidates.
Associate (NQ - 3 PQE) - International Law Firm
RTC-1 Employment Services
Legal Associate - Dispute Resolution