Job description / Role
As the legal counsel, your primary obligation will be supporting Samsung C&T’s construction site for any legal/contractual matters.
* Drafting, negotiating and reviewing construction contracts including subcontracts, consultancy contracts and supply contracts.
* Support the contract manager in any claim (EOT/Cost) matter either against the Employer or Subcontractor
* Manage disputes, including pre-litigation/arbitration amicable settlement negotiations and case evaluation for internal reporting
* Develop legal strategy and instruct external legal counsel during the life course of arbitration/litigation
This job requires to work closely with the legal team in Seoul Office. Ability to effectively communicate and work with others is a must.
Required Experience and Qualification:
* JD, LL.B or equivalent law degree with qualification to practice law in at least one reputable jurisdiction.
* 2 ~ 4 Years PQE with some exposure to construction law
* Fluency in English, Arabic/Korean is a plus
* Excellent writing, presentation, negotiation and communication skills.
About the Company
Samsung C&T Corporation was founded in 1938 as the parent company of Samsung Group. In 1975, it was designated by the Korean government as the nation’s “first general trading company” to lead overseas sales operations. It merged with Samsung Construction in December 1995, and has since been engaged in various global businesses through offices in over 50 countries.
Samsung Everland was established in 1963 with the mission of assisting Korea’s national land development. Since then, it has evolved into a leader in Korea’s service industry by expanding its business scope to include resorts, food and beverage, and landscaping. In December 2013, Samsung Everland acquired the Fashion Group of Cheil Industries, a prominent industry player founded in 1954. Following the merger, it changed its name to Cheil Industries and has since focused on projects related to lifestyle design.
The merger of Samsung C&T and Cheil Industries in September 2015 combined their respective reputations as leaders in their industries. Now, Samsung C&T aims to become a global business partner and lifestyle innovator through the Engineering & Construction, Trading & Investment, Fashion and Resort Groups.