Job description / Role
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design of coastal protection structures (revetments, breakwaters)
• Design of beaches including groynes
• Design of scour protection
• Design of marine structures (jetties, ramps, quay walls)
• Design of seawater intake/outfall structures
• Prepare, manage and review bathymetric surveys, sediment sampling and water quality testing
• Hydrodynamic modeling (near-shore wave conditions, wave transformation, wave disturbance, sediment transport)
• Site inspection of construction works
• Report writing (feasibility, concept, detailed)
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Marine/Coastal Engineering.
• Minimum 3-5 years related work experience
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Working knowledge of hydrodynamic software packages
• Familiarity of industry practices and regulations.
• Thorough knowledge of current technology to be able to apply appropriate engineering software.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.