Job description / Role
As Junior HRBP, you will be responsible for the day to day smooth HR operations, payroll and personnel administration for the zone with the support of HR teams in Chalhoub Group respecting the guidelines from Louboutin.
Based on the needs of the business to achieve the targets and a strong knowledge of what our local partner Chalboub is doing, you will also assist the HR Director SEMEI in the implementation of the global Christian Louboutin projects across MEI zone.
As part of the SEMEI HR team, you will share best practices with other HR representatives and work within the SEMEI HR agenda.
In order to provide effective and human business partner support, you will need to have an in-depth knowledge of the team so as create an approachable and supportive service and 'go to' department for all employees alike.
- Using the strong support from Chalhoub, provide to the employees contracts, addendums accurate, promptly executed and in alignment with our standards and local regulations
- Update the employee information in HRIS (Oracle) on a regular basis
- Collect and check payroll variables and regular elements are properly transferred to the payroll team
- Ensure with local partners accurate and on time payroll for all our employee
- Ensure accurate time and insurance management with local partners and teams - (Follow timesheets, overtimes and holidays balances according)
- Work closely with C&B Specialists whether in Louboutin and Chalhoub to benchmark, bring clarity on our positions and ensure we are competitive, fair and in our budget both on compensation and benefits.
- Calculate and follow up the monthly commission calculations
- Build proper business requirements with managers, provide specifications and profile for selection of appropriate candidates
- Publish job ads accordingly and/or work with recruitment agencies
- Conduct interviews and provide strong feedbacks to managers on potential new hires
- In support to Admin & Payroll specialists, provide correct and in-time information in order to successfully launch the admin and hiring process
- Organize the induction of the new employees, building and following with the managers strong induction plans respecting the guidelines from Louboutin and being inspired by Chalhoub best practices
- Follow up trial period and make necessary action accordingly (confirmation or exit interview)
- Ensure you have a proper in-depth knowledge of the teams and advise managers and employees in every HR matters they will bring onto the table.
- With the support of the HR D and Chalhoub HR support, you will provide guidance where and when necessary to solve issues and improve situation.
- Propose ideas to update policies and procedures according to the company strategy and local needs
- Lead (according to the complexity and with the guidance of the HRM) any employee relations matters including investigations, disciplinary, grievances or performance management meetings
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Propose events, challenges or communication to build a strong engagement and attachment to the brand.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Partners with the labor law specialists
- With the Legal HR specialist, ensure that internal regulations are written, officially registered, and communicated to the staff efficiently in each country.
- Ensure performance reviews are properly done in the zone and that records are saved totally and securely
- Conduct calibration meetings with the managers to assess roles and staff in order to define key role and "talents", anticipate needs and propose action plan including efficient and agile and proactive succession planning
- Identifies training needs for business units and work with Louboutin Learning & Talent Development Manager and/or HRD and Chalhoub retail academy to settle efficient trainings and coaching
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
- Provide all job descriptions for any of the regional roles managed and propose updates on a yearly basis
- Participate to the budget definition so as revisions
- Collaborate to the follow up - HR Reports on a monthly basis
In order to deliver the main responsibilities of the role, you will need the following:
- Master diploma in HR
- 2/5 year experience in HR - Knowledge of the HR functions and its processes
- Significant experience in retail
- Strong understanding of luxury culture and industry - experience in luxury industry is a plus
Technical & Soft skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft pack office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficient in local social regulations
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Engaged into diversity internally and externally - ready to work with different people and to serve different types of customers with respect and without bias
- Fluent in English + professional use of Arabic minimum - French not mandatory but a plus
- Ability to build and develop honest, structured and reliable relationship (internally and externally)
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong personal organization to perform efficiently varied and multiple tasks depending on the needs of the business.
- Effective priority management skills.
- Proactive, dynamic and have a willingness to learn and develop.
- Adaptable and flexible. Must be comfortable with change and willing to adapt as required to the needs of the business.
- Problem solver and solution oriented
- Passionate about the brand
- Able to inspire his/her colleagues: envision the future with confidence, creativity and freedom
- Stands with authenticity, integrity and respect. Honest and transparent.
- Ability to handle personal information with the upmost discretion.
- Drives his/her activity and the team with agility & care, and is committed to excellence with a can-do attitude
- As team-players, collaborates with positivity, open-mindedness and fun
- Flexibility to assignments
- Listening, understanding & Responding
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Respecting deadlines
- Attention to details
- Overall Contribution
- Quantity of Work
- Quality of Work
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.