Job description / Role
As part of the central Beauty Vertical Growth Team, our Digital Product Owners are responsible for managing delivery of key digital product features and improvements for internal clients (i.e. our Brands).
Our Digital Product Owners will be required to develop in-depth platform knowledge and understanding of workflow and feature relationships.
What you'll be doing:
- Delivering and managing websites and apps (products) for some of the largest, most well-known brands in the world.
- Manage the product backlog, write user stories, and conduct refinement sessions and UAT.
- Coordinate the day-to-day prioritization of the backlog with the development team and stakeholders.
- Manage the roll-out and implementation, making sure that the developed technology has the impact desired.
- Write documentation & train internal teams on new product features.
- Work with our brands to understand and deliver their requirements.
- Work with our brands to improve the products from the point of view of their customers.
- Work with our e-commerce merchandising and CRM teams to help them deliver.
- Manage expectations of users and stakeholders - communicating frequently with your customers (our brands) to keep them up to date and to guarantee that solutions are fit-for-purpose and meet their requirements.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Minimum relevant product owner experience including managing a backlog, working directly with stakeholders, designers, developers and QA testers.
- Previous eCommerce experience
- Experience with content management systems - SFCC/Demandware experience is a plus
- Experience launching products and/or features, preferably on multiple platforms (web, app).
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Familiar with HTML, CSS and other common technologies (you do not need programming experience)
- Experience working in an agile with cross-functional teams- designers, developers, IT project managers, brand managers.
- You are technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions alike
- Experience running A/B tests and other optimization efforts is a plus
- Shopify, Salesforce CRM & Marketing experience is a plus
- Excellent command of English. We work with teams from around the world but always in English.
- Arabic (written) is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to build consensus and negotiate resolutions
- Take ownership of your work and continuously strive for improvement
- Comfortable working remotely and with an international team
- Comfortable with changing priorities as our business and brands' needs can change fast.
Job Segment: Merchandising, Retail
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.