Job description / Role
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include but be unlimited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
• Posts all incoming charges immediately
• Maintains updated guest account.
• Files all checks and vouchers correctly and immediately.
• Ensures that all incoming and outgoing fax message are handled accurately and urgently.
SAFE DEPOSIT BOX
• Assigns a safety deposit boxes to in-house guests and ensures that the SDB form has complete information.
• Compares guest signature on the SDB signature card whenever a request is made to open a box.
• Issues departmental keys to authorized personnel.
• Counter-checks all safety from cards to update departure date for all overdue safety deposit box keys.
• Makes an inventory of all SDB keys.
• Ensures that safety deposit box is empty when such is released by guest and SDB key is returned.
MAIL AND INFORMATION
• Distributes room keys to hotel guests.
• Sorts and distributes all incoming mails of guests and hotel employees /departments.
• Handles all incoming messages for hotel guests and relays them promptly and efficiently.
• Handles incoming/outgoing messages, telexes, fax and packages of guests and details
• Keeps inventory items/package for storage/pick up.
• Checks unclaimed letters, messages, and packages for in-house guests.
• Handles postage stamp service.
• Updates Mail and Information logbook.
• Updates knowledge on all hotel; operating hours, activities and promotions.
• Keeps informed about present and future hotel functions.
• Maintain active guest accounts in a current up-to-date manner.
• Maintains bank of float at the correct sum at all times.
• Checks out departing guests and updates corresponding master folios according to established procedures.
• Strictly follows all hotel credit and check-cashing procedures.
• Collects room keys from guests who are checking-out.
• Issues Central bank receipts on every foreign exchange.
• Issues and posts Cash Credit Voucher upon receipt of cash and check payments.
• Assists in posting all incoming charges for in-house guests.
• Ensures that all direct bill charges are duly approved by Credit, Front Office Supervisor, Duty Manager, and that all supports are complete.
• Upsells the hotel to guests whenever the opportunity arises.
• Keeps informed of RIU Hotels & Resorts policies and procedures as they relate to the FO operations and guest service.
• Keeps informed of RIU Hotels & Resorts discounting procedures.
• Blocks and pre-registers rooms according to reservation requests.
• Blocks rooms for arriving guests according to set procedures.
• Makes and follows through room-rate-name changes.
• Immediately processes all checked-in registration cards and sets up an accurate folio in the system.
• Types all pre-registered and NSR key envelopes prior to guest arrival.
• Double checks accuracy of pre-registered envelopes against registration cards and inserts the key in the welcome cards.
• Keeps informed about the groups/conventions arriving for the day and assists in their requirements to facilitate service.
• Answers the telephone promptly according to Westin standards.
• Attends to every guest requests the best way possible.
• Keeps informed of the hotel’s emergency procedures.
• Maintains a clean neat work area at all times.
• Checks supplies weekly in the work area and requisitions accordingly.
• Keeps updated on the system operation and procedures.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
About the Company
A joint venture between Nakheel and Spain's RIU Hotels & Resorts, RIU Dubai located at Deira Islands, is the emirate's first four-star, 24-hour all-inclusive beachfront resort.