Job description / Role
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
• Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities.
• At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
• Responsible for a clean and proper mise en place.
• Send the silverware for polishing to the stewarding department as assigned by superiors.
• Carry food and beverages from kitchen / bar to service area professionally.
• Serve guests according to set standard and procedures.
• Collect soiled dishes from the tables and service stations and to dispatch to dish washing area.
• Maintain cleanliness in the Restaurant, service station and back area.
• Set up display/buffet counter with plates / cutleries for different services.
• Complete mise en place before the service starts
• Set up tables and serve meals.
• Pick up requisition from storeroom as assigned to set up tables and serve meals.
• Assist Restaurant Hostess to seat the guests.
• Know the menus by memory as well as chef’s specials, buffet items and beverage list.
• Answer to guests queries and to refer any complain/suggestion to Restaurant Supervisor or his/her Assistants.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by his superiors
About the Company
A joint venture between Nakheel and Spain's RIU Hotels & Resorts, RIU Dubai located at Deira Islands, is the emirate's first four-star, 24-hour all-inclusive beachfront resort.