Job description / Role
Junior Sous Chef
As a Junior Sous Chef you will be incharge of Kitchen operations and ensure that all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Executive Chef.
What is in it for you:
- Fully furnished accommodation and transportation
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- To develop menus and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- To develop menus and set standard recipes (as per SOPs) which allow the restaurants to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Responsible for the audit requirements for HACCP and Dubai Municipality as needed.
- Check incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- To maximize colleague productivity and morale and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- Adhere to Anantara food preparation and presentation guidelines to ensure consistent quality culinary offerings to our guests.
- Continually look to recommend improvements and additions to the Anantara presentation guidelines.
- Maintain food safety & protection. All food in working areas should be in compliance with food handling techniques, including dating, proper storage, rotation, etc.
- Maintain basic food safety and sanitation practices.
- Take responsibility for asset management of all outlet property and facilities.
Your experience and skills include:
- College degree in Hotel Management or related culinary degree
- At least 3 years of industry and culinary management experience
- Previous experience training team members in large quantity food preparation.
- Excellent knowledge of quality food operations.
- Passion for leadership and teamwork
- Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence
- Excellent guest service skills
Your team and working environment:
- Friendly working Environment
- We give opportunity to our team members to be innovative
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.