Job description / Role
Junior Sous Chef
A junior sous chef operates as the assistant to a sous chef . This means that as much responsibility as the sous chef has, the junior chef shares in it. The junior chef is responsible for the majority of duties and responsibilities of the chef, such as inventory, kitchen staff management, and food preparation.
What is in it for you:
- Work with a diverse group of Heartists
- Be a part of Accor prestigious team
- Start your career with us and advance further your opportunities
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Ensure consistent and smooth running of food production
- Ensure effective stock purchase, its receipt and storage
- Ensure that working areas are always kept clean
- Assist other kitchen staff as need arises
- Ensure that required standards are adhered to in the production and preparation of food - in quality, quantity and safety
- Work towards exceeding customer's expectation by encouraging and promoting high level of service
- Ensure all complaints, inquiries, and suggestions by customers are attended to accordingly
- Give appropriate support or guidance to members of kitchen when need arises
- Resolve possible disputes within the kitchen and report any unresolved
- Promote good team spirit regularly
- Ensure all dishes are prepared according to specification and served at the correct quality, portion size, and temperature
Your experience and skills include:
- Passion for food: someone who enjoys the process of food preparation and creating menus
- A good sense of business; to be efficient and cost-effective
- Past experience of working in a professional kitchen or similar position
- Effective communication skills
- Kitchen experience and management
- Ability to cope under stressful conditions
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to multi task: The sous chef in the junior position must be able to handle many tasks all at once
Note: Customization may be included for any specific local or legislative requirements, such as work permits
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.