Job description / Role
Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair Hotel is a 620-room-and-suite upper upscale property. Catering for both business and leisure clientele. The hotel is located in Deira in the heart of Dubai and within easy reach of major tourist landmarks, leisure destinations and city services. It is linked to the Al Ghurair Shopping Centre, only 3 stops away on the Dubai Metro from the Dubai World Trade Centre and a 10 minute drive from Dubai International Airport.
Junior Sous Chef - Pastry
Responsible for assisting the Pastry Kitchen in the day to day operation, taking over all responsibilities of the operations, striving for the highest possible Guest satisfaction.
What's in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Prepare dough for pies, bread and rolls and sweet goods according to standards.
- Ensure that all pastry and bakery dishes leaving the Kitchen are of appropriate portion and presented as per recipes and presentation standards
- Create high quality and standard bakery products to satisfy the Guests needs
- Coordinates with all outlet chefs and banquet chefs delivery of all pastry and bakery items.
- Makes sure standard recipes are used and pastry and bakery items are presented according to pictorials.
- Maintain the highest possible hygiene and maintenance standards in your Kitchen section
- Achieve the highest degree in applied hygiene and food safety as per the ADFCA HACCP guidelines to ensure that the food served to the Guest is of highest quality and standard.
- Support directly the Chef de Partie (or Demi Chef De Partie) in the daily operation and take full responsibilities of your section when your immediate supervisor is not there, in order to ensure a smooth operation
- Ensure food prepared is according to the set menu specifications (pictures or/and portions) thus maintaining high standards set by the Outlet Chef
- Organise your section according to the plan device by the Outlet Chef, in order to ensure smooth operation.
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in Pastry is a strong asset
- Creative and passionate about food and customer service
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.