Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for:
As a member of the Supply Chain department, the Jr. Supply Planner is responsible for the consistent availability of the products for customers while maintaining optimum stock level. His main roles include products replenishment, initiatives/launches procurement, follow up of purchase orders from supplier, receipt in the warehouse, dispatch to market and reporting of all required analyses regarding the level of stock and the customer service performance.
In close collaboration with the Supply Chain Manager, he will also be involved in the different improvement projects of the logistics department.
What you will do:
Replenishment of Basic items:
• Participate in the monthly forecasts meeting.
• Define the replenishment strategy in partnership with the Logistics Manager and the regional office.
• Manage the replenishment orders of basic saleable and non-saleable items through the DRP ensuring the correct placement of orders by analyzing the current level of stock, the replenishment strategy and the sales forecasts.
• Determine the suitable transport mode.
• Create Purchase Orders in the ERP.
• Follow up each order from shipment to receipt and interfere, as required, to resolve any issues that may negatively affect the efficient completion of the end-to-end purchasing cycle.
• Coordinate the receipt of the orders with the local 3PL warehouse.
• At the time of the receipt, assign correct obligations to the orders (customs duties, insurance).
• Prepare the monthly inbound shipment lead-time report.
Procurement of Initiatives/Launches:
• Participate to the launches forecasts meeting.
• For each launch of new products, ensure a correct placement of orders to guarantee the products availability on time and in full in compliance with the On Counter Date (OCD).
• Determine the appropriate transport mode in accordance with the retro planning.
• Ensure 100% symmetry on forecasts vs. dispatch and take corrective action in case of discrepancy.
• Communicate to the concerned departments any critical delays that may jeopardize the OCD and provide recommendations.
• Prepare the report of the monthly Launches On Time ratio vs. OCD.
• Prepare the daily Out Of Stock (OOS) report and its monthly consolidated report analysis.
• In this regard, he is one of the key actors of the customer service improvement. He will therefore closely follow up the shortages and take corrective actions accordingly.
• Communicate weekly the items in OOS and the ones with risk of OOS (items below safety stock).
• Maintain a stock level in line with the objectives in terms of value and DOI.
• Monitor the stock mix, analyze monthly the DOI, calculate monthly the provision for obsolescence and take required actions to improve the stock performance.
• Optimize the stock level of non-saleable items and maintain it below the defined objective
• Update the item database according to the supplier information and the local commercial strategy (product designations, life cycle status, prepack quantities).
Downstream Supply chain:
• Provide ad hoc retailers' stock analysis.
• Participate with sales team and customers in the definition of the clients' stock management.
• Communicate monthly to customers the updated catalogue.
Reporting & Documentation:
• Update monthly the Balanced Scorecard. Prepare related analyses and reports to be communicated to the top management.
• Write Key Work Processes Documentation.
• In close collaboration with other departments and/or logistics team members, be involved in different improvement projects aiming to further develop the logistics performance.
What you need to succeed in this role:
• Strong interpersonal skills is highly needed
• Good communication written and oral
• Customer Service, Costs and Results oriented
• Ability to work within time constraints and schedules
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and multitasking
• Thorough follow up
• Highly numerate
• Meticulous and well organized
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Reactive, Creative (To think out of the box) and Proactive
• Expert Knowledge on logistics issues (DRP, Incoterms, customs regulations, transport)
• Significant experiences in ERP
• Experiences in replenishment processes
• Very Proficient user of the MS Office package
Fluent in English:
• High level verbal and written communication skills
• Speaking Arabic is recommended but not mandatory
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.