Job description / Role
The Junior Trader will take a lead role in developing a new trading business with the marketing and sourcing of Crude Oil and distillates (Heavy, Middle & light) products, while executing commercial contracts, and working in parallel to execute physical orders from a logistics perspective.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ability to strategically primarily market Crude oil and products and maintain strong vendor relationships.
• Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets, monitoring market trends to capitalize on trading opportunities
• Have a strong knowledge of sourcing vs. selling
• Identify and originate customers, develop commercial strategies to meet customers requirement
• Firm understanding of physical operations and shipping
• Identify arbitrages and develop strategies to take advantage of market opportunities.
• Handle the portfolio to ensure maximised profit margins within the set risk limitations.
• Provide analytical assessments to support trading decisions.
• Ability to develop trading strategy.
• Ensure all trades are carried out adhering to compliance policies and regulations, both internally and externally.
• Communication; Briefing, Persuading / Influencing and Aligning– trader will provide a market brief to the teams they are interacting with to align on a trading strategy to maximize value capture.
• Counter Party Relationship Building - an essential part of the role that the trader is able to build strong relationships with other 3rd party traders enabling effective negotiation with parties coming from a wide range of countries and cultures.
• Analysis – the trader will be required to analyze each specific product market, including competitors’ assessments leveraging a reasonable level of understanding of the economics of downstream refining and logistics.
• Negotiation – negotiations with a variety of 3rd parties, while relatively short in duration, are complex and challenging, requiring a strong attention to detail.
• Contract Administration – The traders work with support contract administration staff to ensure that all trades are effectively documented and controlled.
• Medium / Long Term Business Development
• MSc, Technology, Engineering, Economics, Finance or Mathematics from a recognized university.
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in international oil commodity trading (physical) with a strong link to AG & Asian markets
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
• Effective team player. Able to perform swift analysis of market data and identify commercial opportunities.
• Proficient and fluent in English (Arabic or Mandarin would be beneficial)
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• Drive for results – high energy focused on leveraging value from opportunities
• Sound judgement and business acumen – Adept at identifying and exploiting business opportunities in a complex and dynamic environment.
• Has a high level of numeracy. Always behaves in an ethical, trustworthy manner and flawlessly delivers appropriate internal controls
• Communication skills – Delivers clear and concise messages.
• Uses effective questioning and listening skills. Effectively engages with team and broader organization. Persuades and influences to gain alignment
• Negotiation – has highly developed negotiation skills
• Relationship Development – builds effective relationships and collaborates well. Multi-cultural awareness is essential.
• Entrepreneurial mind-set with the ability to build a new area of the business (previous experience with a start-up / setting up a new desk would be advantageous)
About the Company
Emergio DMCC is a privately-owned global enterprise specialized in multi-asset physical trading and logistics operating in the Crude Oil and Refined Petroleum products’ sector.
The brand operates as part of a group of companies across the globe with business activities in diverse sectors that include trading, shipping, financial services, and logistics. This level of expertise enables us to capitalize on our in-depth knowledge of the market and efficiently flow through market movements in the form of informed expert decisions.