Job description / Role
Collaborate with our Distributors to develop our relationships by adding value and establishing L’Oreal as the beauty experts. Provide market, category, retailer and consumer insights with the aim to support the distributors in growing and developing their categories. Work closely with the sales/ commercial teams to ensure you complement their retailer relationships. Balance our business ambitions with the firm view of the consumer and/or shopper at the center of the decision making process.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Define the category development strategy across countries within all channels and categories: Which retailers we will partner with, which categories, what level of collaboration.
• Base the strategy on insights from commercial, CMI (consumer behaviors and trends, priority categories) and marketing (brand priorities)
• For our top retailers strategize how we will develop the distributor relationship: Schedule of support to be provided e.g. monthly category updates, key projects to collaborate on, T2T support, range review support
• Develop a day-to-day relationship with our retailers so that L’Oreal are the go-to contact for all category support required
• Develop category growth strategies that are specific to each partner distributor.
• Work with category managers to adapt our total category strategies by retailer using sales, shopper and strategy data specific to that partner
• Build selling stories to support our strategies that are based on shopper, consumer and retailer insight
• Work closely with the central BDT and counterparts across the globe to share and learn from best practice
• Understand the key projects we are driving locally and adapt as relevant for the local market
• Understanding the future thinking in our categories and work out how we can make it a reality in the trade locally
• Work closely with distributors to understand their scope of business following CPD strategies.
• Follow up on commercial investments and track vs. the budgets.
• Be part of the monthly Forecast Cycle to ensure the right accuracy on categories, promos & launches / big bets.
• Ensure monthly credit follow up to close all pending debits / Credits for ROG business.
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience in business development and/or shopper marketing/insights roles
• Experience working with Distributors & Key Retailers.
• Ideally beauty experience but not essential if experience in retail category management is strong across other sectors
• At least 5 years working in the FMCG industry in the above areas
Skills & Abilities
• Strong relationship building skills with the ability to reason from multiple perspectives – shopper and/or consumer view, retailer ambitions, business needs – and providing mutually beneficial solutions
• Influencing and communication skills key – supported by the above attributes
• A hunger to constantly upgrade knowledge of the market today and future trends and to use this information to build concrete category growth plans for our retailers
• A balance between a visionary view, long term planning with a short term execution mindset in order to achieve tangible business results
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.
Key Account Manager
L'Oreal Middle East
Key Account Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Key Account Sales Executive
|Abu Dhabi||23 Dec|
Business Development Manager
Excelsior Group ME
Field Sales Representative
Nestle Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|