Job description / Role
The Designer is responsible for renovating and recreating the kitchen area and ensure that it meets the requirements of their clients. The Designer ensures that designs in the kitchen are all convenient, well-designed, aesthetic, and comfortable for the people who will use and live on it. They can design kitchens at home and even in commercial establishments such as restaurants, hospitals, hotels and cafeterias. The designer also creates drawing for wardrobes as well.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Plan the functional aspects and the visual look of kitchen spaces for their clients.
• Deal with deal clients first, discuss the detail of the project, draw the plan according to their client’s needs, prepare an estimated cost for the project, talk with architects, hire its own subcontractors, order the appliances and materials to be use and spearheaded the overall kitchen installation.
• Listen actively to the needs to the customer and offer design solutions accordingly.
• Plan for the whole aspect of the kitchen including the color, lighting, cabinets, floor coverings, appliances, work spaces and the whole kitchen layout.
• Illustrate their detailed plan either through hand drawings or design it with the use of software.
• Read and understand blueprints, building and fire codes and latest design and trend in the kitchen world.
• Develop sales and design solutions for their clients as well as capable of making strategic pricing and project management.
• Collaborate with the operations team for success execution of the projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design/Architecture
• Certificate in 3D Max/AutoCAD
Years of Experience:
• 5 years of experience in interior design with minimum 2 years in domestic kitchen industry
Job specific skills:
• Creative Eye; Good Listening, Drafting, and Layout skills , Ability to use computer software, laser scanners, and architect scales; knowledge of buildings and industry trends; Communication, Customer Service
• Planning and Organization, Creative and Analytical Thinking, Decision Making
• Teamwork and Collaboration, Results Driven.
About the Company
Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba was established in 1946 giving it the proud distinction of being one of the oldest diversified business groups in the UAE and the Middle East. At a time when oil was not yet discovered and trading was still the lifeline of the region’s economy, it was the vision of Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba that saw the birth of one of the first business houses.
Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba is essentially a trading organization involved in franchises and distribution of various brands and for different product categories. For highly discerning clients whose hallmark is exclusivity, we are proud to introduce ourselves as the official agents, business partners and product dealers of premium brands. At MHAO conducting business with the highest degree of ethical integrity is the job of every employee.
Senior Interior Designer
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)