Job description / Role
Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a Kitchen Manager responsible for overseeing the day to day smooth running of the culinary department. This role will be based on a luxury property known for its incredible 5* Hospitality experience based in the Middle East. Reporting to the Head Chef, the Kitchen Manager is responsible for the daily management of the Island’s HACCP program in the back of house areas and all of the food outlets. The Kitchen Manager will be heading up the Island’s sustainability program, assisting with menu costings, monitoring & spot-checking the kitchen cleaning schedules along with carrying out general kitchen administration duties.
• Manage the island Sustainability programs and initiatives that support the strategic plan for sustainability and advance the reputation and awareness of the Island’s sustainability program.
• Attend monthly food cost meetings to fully analyze the operations to eliminate wastage, control costs & implement procedures
• Manage the operation of the stores, including issue of stock, stock rotation, month end reports and stock counts and compilation of monthly reports in order to eliminate loss and waste
• Assist the Head Chef and the F&B Purchaser in the inspection of new product lines that come to island, outline allergens in these products and share this information with all relevant parties involved in the items service.
• Assist with menu costings alongside the Head Chef and Food & Beverage Purchaser
• Daily management of the Island Waste & Sustainability Attendants
• Monitor the kitchens on island cleaning schedules performing random spot checks
Qualifications / Experience:
• Worked in luxury restaurant, resort /hotels
• Previous experience working as Chef is vital, previous kitchen manager experience is an advantage
• Food safety and hygiene certification, ideally in HACCP
• Excellent knowledge of food safety, HACCP systems, health standards and nutrition
• International Experience
• Good menu costing capabilities
• Procurement experience is a bonus
• A hands-on approach
• Able to work with suppliers and secure excellent produce at the best possible prices Able to work with and accommodate different cultures
• Excellent guest contact skills/ socially confident
• Plans and organises effectively
• High degree of attention to detail
About the Company
Kendrick Recruitment (KR) is a Recruitment Agency specialising in finding top candidates for the Hospitality and Tourism Industries. We focus on providing a high level of personalised service tailored to each individual whether you are a client or candidate.
We are a small family based company and are therefore able to offer a personal touch to the service while also being able to secure you great candidates. We aim to keep this personal touch and will learn about what you are looking for in potential candidates to make the recruitment process as easy and flowing as possible.
Operations Manager - Food Business
Sous Chef - Luxury Establishment
Senior Sous Chef
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Dubai Parks and Resorts