Job description / Role
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe and efficient operations. Showcase your talents as a Kitchen Steward, where your attentiveness and care will ensure the creation of exceptional cuisine.
Hotel Overview: Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the Fairmont Ajman has opened May 2015. The hotel close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
• Operate an industrial dishwasher
• Ensure the kitchen Colleagues have the dishes/silverware required and guests have clean dishes
• Sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher
• Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner
• Ensure all breakages and chipped items are removed from circulation and inventoried
• Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Previous experience not r
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
Apply Today: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests