Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - Steward and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To perform and execute back of the house cleaning and sanitation duties and ensuring the highest standards of cleaning, hygiene and sanitation at all times.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times
- Perform duties as assigned by the Stewarding Supervisor, Assistant Chief Steward and the chief Steward
- Perform general cleaning duties as assigned by the Stewarding Supervisor in accordance with established standards of performance and schedules.
- Ensure the safe, correct and economic use of Stewarding equipment that includes|:
- Dishwashing Machine
- Glass washing Machine
- Pot Washing Machine
- Floor Cleaning and Maintenance machines
- Silver Burnishing Machine
- Transportation Vehicles
- Clean, wash, polish dishes and other operating equipment in any Food and beverage outlet according to the established hygiene and sanitation standards.
- Clean, wash pots, pans and other kitchen utensils in accordance with the established hygiene and sanitation standards.
- Count, sort and prepare operating equipment for Banquet functions.
- Ensure that all operating and kitchen equipment/utensils are maintained to high standard with minimum breakage.
- Ensure that all machineries and equipments are clean and sanitized according to the established hygiene and sanitation standard.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Clean all service areas and back of the house areas as necessary or as directed by Stewarding Supervisor.
- Keep all kitchen areas clean, neat, tidy and well organize at all times.
- Remove food waste and garbage at periodic intervals or as necessary in accordance with the established sanitation standard.
- Ensure that high standard of personal hygiene and grooming are strictly observed and followed.
- To ensure that prescribed uniform are worn well pressed and in good state of repair, and ensure that name badges are worn at all times.
- Security conscious with respect to customers, colleagues, hotel property and welfare. And to report suspicious circumstances to immediate superiors.
- Ensure the departmental area is maintained in safe, hygienic state and to report any damage to furniture, fittings and equipment to immediate superiors.
- Communicate positively with colleagues and superiors to ensure effective teamwork and high morale.
- Attend meetings, briefings and training sessions/courses that may be beneficial to both personal and departmental needs.
- Maintain good working relationship with colleagues and all other department and sub-sections.
- Respond to any changes in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company and Management.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.