Job description / Role
Emirates Palace is centrally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi, close to major visitor attractions and the main business areas of the city. Just 40 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai Airport, Emirates Palace is conveniently situated for both leisure and business travellers. Popular tourist sites close to the Emirates Palace include the Grand Mosque and the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, both located 20 minutes away. The Marina Mall and major shopping attractions are also within walking distance of the hotel
Kitchen Maintenance Technician
Under the guidance of the Kitchen and Laundry Maintenance Engineer, operates, supervise and maintains all aspects of the kitchen equipment maintenance and all inside kitchen engineering complaints, in accordance with Kempinski standards to achieve high quality levels at all times.
- Attends to repair and maintenance of all types of kitchen equipment.
- Carry out electric arc or oxy-acetylene welding.
- Attends to pipe repairs or fitting work including minor plumbing work.
- Responding to unscheduled work requests within 15 minutes of receipt of the same.
- Ensuring that the supplied uniform is clean and in good repair. Always maintain a clean and tidy appearance before entering public areas.
- Ensuring that the plant room, workshop and related areas are kept clean and tidy condition.
- Observing prescribed safety standards. Helping maintain safe conditions for self and others.
- Performing related duties and special projects as assigned.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, skills, equipment, procedures and materials. Applies knowledge to identify issues and internal problems; works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills
- Solves engineering problems using appropriate theoretical and practical engineering principles.
- Detailed knowledge of hotel operations
- Computer skills relevant to preventive maintenance software programs and office use.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have traveled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.