Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is currently looking for a Kitchen Technician to join the maintenance team at New York University Abu Dhabi. The purpose of the role is to ensure satisfactory completion of the planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and remedial repairs on the Kitchen Equipment and associated services and systems contained in and around all of the Food & Beverage spaces within New York University.
- Carry out and overseeing the planned and reactive maintenance on all Kitchen Equipment, services and associated plant throughout.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and/or repair the Kitchen Equipment, systems and services and maintain and update records on a daily basis.
- Manage the specialist subcontractors and/or obligations of the equipment Defects Liability Period accordingly.
- Maintain personal hygiene to the highest standards at all times.
- Assist in monitoring utility consumption, collation of consumption figures, and update records as required.
- Integrate and communicate effectively with other trade staff (Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC and Civil) as required.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Excellent customer service is a must.
- Have a competent command of both spoken and written English
- Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
- Must hold relevant and recognized qualifications in the discipline, or equivalent.
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of the systems operation.
- Minimum 3 year experience in a building services and/or facilities management environment.
- Technically competent with a clear technical understanding of the associated services and equipment.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.