Job description / Role
- Ensure that all kitchen equipments are properly maintained and service to upkeep all equipments and to avoid breakdown.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- One of key responsibilities will be to respond to the maintenance requests in the culinary department and to keep the kitchen equipment in top working conditions.
- Respond to breakdowns of equipments and being available in case of emergency and applying the appropriate action as per Hotel policy and standards.
- Operate in a safe and environment friendly way to protect guests' and colleagues' health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment.
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Qualification in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering and/or Building Management desirable.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as Technician/Tradesman in a hotel.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.