Knowledge Management Manager for an International Professional Services Firm
Job description / Role
The candidate will be responsible for upholding firm knowledge management standards and approach by contributing to the strategy and execution of the knowledge management plan. This position actively leverages KM analytics to bring new ideas, has a “continuous improvement” mindset, and demonstrates high-performance teaming.
• Creating and maintaining knowledge bases and other information repositories within the organization
• Developing taxonomies, metadata frameworks, and other structures to categorize and tag information in order to make it more accessible and usable
• Gathering knowledge from internal and external sources, including subject matter experts, databases and research
• Promoting knowledge sharing across the organization through training, communication, and collaboration initiatives
• Measuring the effectiveness of knowledge management initiatives and providing feedback for continuous improvement
• Ensuring that knowledge assets are protected and secure, especially confidential, and sensitive information
• Exploring new ways to create knowledge and share knowledge, such as new technologies and methodologies
• Work with the head of knowledge to shape and execute the KM strategy and roadmap
• Evaluate, revise, and continuously improve the KM Framework workflow and procedures as the organization scales
• Manage the junior team members on the knowledge management team which includes learning, performance management, feedback
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders to collect and analyze knowledge management needs
• Be the thought leader on KM Framework implementation within Knowledge Hub and share learnings and best practices
• Collaborate with Strategy& counterparts in other regions to expand on all KM efforts and increase platform reach
• Lead testing and feedback cycles, run pilot programs and feed the learnings back in to the systems
• Encourage a culture of knowledge-sharing and collaborative work flow among departments and project teams
• Screening/choosing/managing/monitoring relevant vendors to support our KM requirements.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of the platform’s functionalities and underlying workflows and architecture (to the extent possible)
• Perform trainings as necessary for all involved
• Devise plans to continuously improve and upgrade the platform in terms of content, technology, user experience
• Coordinate with the developers and digital teams for regular upgrades and enhancement on the platform
• Maintain knowledge about the platform’s admin configurations and requirements
• Monitor progress and learning processes by keeping track of engagement, project outcomes and other Metrics
• Promote the use of knowledge management tool and processes to facilitate sharing of knowledge
• Analyze content, upload metrics, and share them with Knowledge Management champions and partner (could be used in sharing statistics with client staff, on appraisals, etc.)
• Create and review KPIs for adoption, usage of premier (high-value, frequently used) KM content, and summarize benefits, outcomes, and improvement opportunities for the organization
• Understand and recognize key challenges/roadblocks to KM cultural change and develop effective programs to drive adoption and improve KM value
• Design and develop incentive mechanisms to acknowledge and highlight active participants
• Bachelor's Degree in knowledge management, library science, information science, or a related field.
• 8-10 years of experience in knowledge management or a related field and knowledge management tools and systems, preferably in the consulting industry or within a large, global organization
• Good understanding of knowledge management at large organizations: taxonomies, content strategy and classification, value that Knowledge brings to business/ Knowledge value chain
• Experience communicating with and influencing senior leadership as well as framing discussions to gain valuable feedback and experience.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with other departments and stakeholders.
• Ability to keep up-to-date with developments in knowledge management best practices and technologies
• Ability to multi-task & operate effectively in a matrix organization in a fast-paced environment
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Development Manager
A Leading Company In UAE
Business Development Manager (Financial Services)
Middle East Executive
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Al Sham Build & Design
Business Development Manager
A Leading Company In UAE