Job description / Role
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A"rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview of the role
The L&D Manager will support the development of leadership development strategies and paths and deliver talent management solutions that strengthen Al Futtaim's leadership bench strength, retaining and developing high potential employees, middle managers, senior leaders and UAE Nationals. The role will act as a strong contributor to growing internal talent and leadership capabilities that align with Al Futtaim's strategic goals and objectives, and empower leaders to drive high performance, foster a positive work culture, and achieve excellence.
What you will do
- Support review and develop the framework to identifying critical roles and successor planning and reviewing the collective and individual development needs for both critical roles and successors.
- Coordinate divisional wide annual and periodical talent identification exercises with HRBPs to identify high potential talent and talent pools and develop high impact solutions and actions to increase the development and retention of all leadership talent, including nationals.
- Design and conduct assessment centres for talent validation and succession planning, including use of various talent assessment tools/psychometrics to support achieving the Talent Management & Leadership strategy and roadmap.
- Develop Talent Management programs and solutions to design career and learning paths.
- Input into the divisional leadership development strategy and objectives which caters for leaders from middle management to executive board members & design leadership development pathways and programs to complement the leadership development strategy
- Design and facilitate leadership skills courses to middle managers (both face to face & virtual) using various instructional and digital design techniques and partner with the business to conduct relevant needs diagnosis and gap analysis that input into leadership development strategy and planning
- Implement mentoring and coaching frameworks and tools for leadership development.
- Coordinate annual performance cycle activities and report progress from the goal setting, performance reviews and work with HRBPs and Talent Centre to embed 'continuous performance management' culture
- Manage divisional comms plan for performance management milestones and awareness in coordination with group level communication cascade.
Required Skills to be successful
- Proven L&D and talent management experience in designing and delivering leadership learning pathways that align with business objectives and drive performance.
- Experience in implementing talent review, talent identification and succession planning including designing and delivering various leadership skills courses to supervisor levels/middle managers
- Strong knowledge of leadership theories, models, and best practices, with the ability to apply them to real-world scenarios along with implementing coaching and mentoring programs/solutions for leaders
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with reporting and analysis backed by advanced excel capability dashboards to support data-driven decisions using various tools with excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner. Skilled in using creative communication platforms a plus (e.g. Canva, Genialy, Biteable, etc.)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with senior leaders and stakeholders, with a collaborative and consultative approach.
What equips you for the role
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in leadership development, talent management and L&D or related roles in the Middle East region
- Experienced in administering various psychometric tools preferable (e.g. Hogan, SHL, etc).
We're here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click "apply": Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.