Job description / Role
• Provides first-line support to customers, resolving issues or escalating (to 2nd line support) within the agreed service level agreement
• Address user tickets regarding hardware, software, and networking
• Traveling to the client’s location or connecting via a remote link
• First response for desktop and cabling issues.
• Install and inspect cabling system infrastructure.
• Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
• Troubleshoot O365 related issues
• Hands-on experience in networking, routing, and switching
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
• Works with servers and telephone systems.
• Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
• Ensure all issues are accurately logged
• Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
• Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
• Troubleshoots independently aiming for first time resolution every time, knowing when to escalate when required to ensure consistent work velocity.
• Provides detailed information on steps taken on all escalations.
• Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
• Hands-on experience with Windows 7 thru 10, Windows Server and Mac operating systems.
• Knowledge of network security practices
• Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
• Must be confident and socially adept.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be a fast and pro-active self-leaner.
• Must have a positive and helpful attitude towards other colleagues and work in general.
• Must be able to handle pressure from time to time and always meet deadlines.
• Ability to travel, work shifts and after hours when necessary
• Must have excellent time management, prioritisation, scheduling and organisation skills.
• Degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
• Hold a valid UAE Driving License
• Certifications in Microsoft, Linux, Fortinet, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
About the Company
Unified Microsystems is a privately-owned IT Solutions Provider with offices in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Manila, Philippines. It provides IT solutions for clients in the Middle East, Europe and South East Asia.