Job description / Role
• To work with individual or small groups of children as directed by the class teacher and subject teachers
• To work with groups of children in the classroom enabling them to access the curriculum.
• Be proactive with the learning and in conjunction with the class teacher be ready to change strategy or approach as needed to facilitate learning
• Support with the recording and presenting of evidence of learning as required
• To follow agreed programmes of work with individuals and groups of children working towards set targets
• To contribute to the well-being of the children in terms of physical, emotional and social needs
• To support staff with minor admin tasks when not directly working with students, For example in non contact time E.g. photocopy, file or complete records
• To prepare and store general resources required for your groups
• To make notes in Individual Education Plan (IEP) books for children as required
• To give verbal and written feedback to the Class Teacher to support report writing, assessment and IEPs
• To accompany children on school trips where appropriate and ensure you have followed school policy in regards to reading, understanding and following the trip documentation
• Supervise children during breaks (including before and after school if necessary)
• Communicate appropriately and professionally with parents to support the image and reputation of the school
• Carry out any other tasks of a similar nature as directed by the Class Teacher, including being flexible to support in other classes or areas of the school as and when required
• Education: Minimum High School education in English and Maths, degree preferred
• Experience: Experience or aptitude for working with students, previous teaching or teaching assistant experience preferred
• Good levels of written and spoken English
• Enthusiasm and aptitude for working with students
• Good team player, able to work well as part of a team
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Lab Technician - Molecular Biology
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
The Alpha School
Medical Laboratory Technician
|Abu Dhabi||9 Mar|