Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Through the delivery of Lab Based Services, leverage the results of the WW organization to enable increased adoption of new IBM Systems technologies, products and solutions, and support and protect existing clients and technologies resulting in significant influence of increased IBM Systems and IBM revenue.
• Drive delivery on key plays and innovate core business, create client highlights for key engagements, contribute to giveback, achieve net position client satisfaction goals, and operational compliance.
• Meet or exceed break-even financial position. Leverage existing funding programs, and work with BUE to champion new funding programs to support Financial Plan targets as per plan through services deliveries.
• Seek opportunities to support worldwide services enablement through client engagement deliveries, and skills enablement activities.
• Achieve client satisfaction of at least 90% for your team's client engagements. Encourage your team to work with Opportunity Manager/Business Development Manager and Sales teams to position their engagements for internal or external client references
• If applicable, partner with IBM Systems Development to foster collaboration, teamwork and drive client insight into the product development process
• Seek opportunities to ensure my organization's delivery team of consultants participates in technical conferences, leverage existing Intellectual Capital, assets, methods and tools exist on the WW team and augment to improve effectiveness & efficiency of worldwide lab services delivery organization.
• Collaborate with our BUEs to lead development and execution of programs that are aimed at accelerating adoption of IBM Systems products and improved client value.
• Seek opportunities to collaborate with Software Group, GTS, and GBS to drive maximum value for our clients.
• Ensure your team understands how their work contributes to IBM's and IBM Systems' business objectives/strategic priorities, and your organization's goals by proactive leadership and communication across the organization. Ensure your team spends their time on activities that drive the greatest value for IBM Systems. .
• Identify approaches that will ensure the most cost and time effective manner to develop your team's skills necessary to support new technology launches, develop leadership skills, and support the attainment of certifications
• Promote attainment of 40 hours of professional development for self and all employees leveraging THINK Friday and THINK 40 program with focus on IBM's strategic initiatives: Cloud Computing, Business Analytics, Mobile, Social, and Smarter Computing. Stay continuously ahead of technology trends.
• Foster teamwork and promote value of diversity by inclusion of all employees across all IOTs. Mentor other managers within WW LBS.
• Look for opportunities to highlight and recognize the successes and capabilities of employees in my organization.
• Leverage Social Media to promote and highlight the successes of the Lab Services organization to drive adoption and business for IBM.
• Seek out excellent candidates and interview leveraging the IBM Way interview techniques to meet department growth objectives. Manage low contributors and leverage retention programs to keep key team members.
• Be a role model utilizing THINK40 for professional development to continuously stay ahead of technology trends and to close skills gaps. Focus where appropriate relevant to key plays.
• Customize for each individual.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
MEP & PPM FM Senior Manager
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|
Associate Director Engineering and Operations
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|
Customer Success Manager
IBM Middle East
Senior Mechanical Engineer
A Leading Group In UAE
ARCCO (Al Raeel National General Contracting Co.)